Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello Bought my first Cruiser :)

Hayden-60series

Country Flag
uk
Hello

Ive bought my first land cruiser which I'm pretty excited about, got the old girl from a member on her who was really helpful and I will have to find his profile on here.

She needs a bit of welding and hasn't been on the road for 7 + years, the main plan for now is to do the major jobs to get her on the road.

Repaire front wings and rear arches

New exhaust from manifold back

Fluids and belts

If anyone knows the best place to get replacement panels and parts from that would be appreciated.

Cheers

DSC_2457.JPG DSC_2464.JPG DSC_2466.JPG

A nice project there Hayden and great to hsve another 60 saved. I got outer rear arches from cruiserworld.eu. The bodyshop made the inners. German ebay also has body panels listed occasionally.
Good luck and welcome aboard

Hi Hayden, good to see you have come on board. As I said, I, like many others on the forum we will help you all we can.
BTW I had another forum member up here today and he is doing that little welding job this week.

What a hefty old beast you've got there Hayden! Congrats man. Where's that been hiding all my life! (Only joking!)
You have a big job on there but do keep the up with the effort and you will have something to behold!

I'm not a parts seller but I do have a new full exhaust system if you want it!:thumbup:

Welcome Hayden always got a soft spot for the 60 series. Bens your man here to get the best advice.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome to Cruiser ownership Hayden!

A sturdy old beast you have too, nothing a lot of hard work won’t fix... :thumbup:

What a hefty old beast you've got there Hayden! Congrats man. Where's that been hiding all my life! (Only joking!)
You have a big job on there but do keep the up with the effort and you will have something to behold!

I'm not a parts seller but I do have a new full exhaust system if you want it!:thumbup:

Hello there

A full exhaust sound good, Im quite fond of the no exhaust grumble though ha ha

I thought I recognised the hedge Andy lol... the blue and the decals are absolutely classic! :thumbup:

TBH Iwan the Cruiser was not actively for sale but came about through conversation and I thought it would be a good idea to pass it on to someone with bodywork skills and enthusiasm. Hayden is a really enthusiastic young guy and I can see this 60 being restored to a high standard and used as it should be. TBF its mechanically excellent and only done 136K.

Hi and welcome good look withit have a look on ebay item number 322571842321 front wings for a HJ60 have fun with it:thumbup:

Hi Hayden, looks like you’ve got a great project there. With previous posts on this thread from Andy, it looks like it’s gone to a good home and I like many look forward to seeing it brought back to sound condition.
Always good to see new life brought back to an old cruiser.

Good luck with it.

Best wishes

Rich

TBH Iwan the Cruiser was not actively for sale but came about through conversation and I thought it would be a good idea to pass it on to someone with bodywork skills and enthusiasm. Hayden is a really enthusiastic young guy and I can see this 60 being restored to a high standard and used as it should be. TBF its mechanically excellent and only done 136K.

That's great Andy. When I got into 60's before I got mine and before the forum days I realised how hard to come by they were 10 or 9 years ago or so. So hearing that Hayden is a body shop guy is the icing on the cake as my 60 restoration was a body swap, weld up and full respray job and they're a big job!

Be good if you open up a thread in the 60 series part Hayden and to keep it piled up with pictures! Then you'll have a full record of your journey and it would be an interesting thread for others to be inspired from! :thumbup:

I love the truck Hayden, that will look amazing when you've sorted it. Congratulation on finding it. Well worth preserving. Have fun with the throaty engine. These motors sound fantastic

Back