Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hello everyone and newbee after buying advice please on a LC80 Amazon.

Hi Ritchie and welcome. Like Scott and others have said, hunting a "good" 80 is now a bit like hunting the Holy Grail!! Patience is the key to this search with some persistence thrown in with a little help from us on the forum. Bear in mind the fact that the newest 80 is 15 years old and so has seen 15 winters with salt exposure ( the killer for 80's). No one thought to wash the underneath in winter because they were only keeping it 2 years before they bought a new one. The only exception to this would be an import model which would have seen no salt abroad before it came to the UK so stands a better chance of being in better shape. It doesn't mean that a 98 will necessaraly be better than a 91, it all depends on the life it has had. there are not many (if any) one owner 80's left and that doesn't mean they will still be any good.
Having just bought a 100 series myself ( 03 plate/1 owner/180K/garage maintained) I have still found as much remedial work to do as buying an 80, fortunately I can do it all myself, but buying a 100 series to get a better truck than an 80 ( especially at the bottom end of the food chain) in my experience is questionable but as Scott said, the ride is better, they are more spacious ( in fact cavernous) and they are quieter. That said I prefer driving my 96 24V auto import than the 100, its a little bit more involving.
If you dont need a ton of space you could do a lot worse than a well looked after 00 to 02 D4D Colarado. There opens another debate.

Here to help

Andy

Thanks for the advice chaps, sorry for the delay in replying but the telephone exchange was recently flooded out in Rhyl so have been off line. Thinking I could do with a LC quickly in case of anymore bad weather!! lol

Richie

Back