Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How high do you stand with AHC

Garage
I was wondering if you could share with me the positions you have when in H and N (AHC).

Measurements are taken from center of hub to edge of wing above.
Mine are:
....H N
FL 55 51
FR 55 51
RL 57 51
RR 57 52

I have the ARB Sahara + Winch ...to add to the pressure on the front (5 years/150.000 km), but I haven´t changed anything -and never experienced any problems!

...Looking forward to hear some measurements -and comments ;)

The AHC should be making sure your height is the same now as it was before you added the extra weight. The pressure in the AHC will have increased to compensate for the extra weight. Your measurements are the same as my old 100 when it still had AHC :) You might want to get the neutral pressure checked to see if you should wind the torsion bars up a bit so they take more of the extra weight.

Jon, the torsion bars haven´t been adjusted before 338.000 km, so I gave them 4 turns each just a few hours ago ....was that a gamble without checking the pressure first ? :roll:

When I raise the body, the wheels drop 70-80mm, so thats a bit more than 55-60mm I have read about. Can that be explained?

The 55-60mm you have read about would be from the H setting not N so you'd expect more drop in the N position. I guessed at the adjustment my bars needed as well and it didn't cause me any problems. All that happens if the torsion bars have too much of the weight is there's not as much damping as there should be so if it drives ok you shouldn't have any problems.

In H setting I only had 45-50 mm before twisting the T-bars. Does that say anything about dampers? I am not to keen on visiting Toyota, since I don´t believe they will properly analize it ("swab it all will fix it" mentality)

Adjusting the torsion bars doesn't make any difference to the height with AHC, it just changes how much of the weight the metal springs are carrying. The AHC adjusts to maintain the same height regardless. If you went too far then it might struggle to drop into the L position correctly but otherwise if it drives ok I wouldn't worry about it. The 55-60mm figure you see on the net is for when the AHC has been removed and the car will be driven at the lifted height all the time. Without the 55-60mm of drop there are times when a front wheel will be off the ground in normal driving, like a sharp turn from standstill up a hill. I had a Slee override fitted to mine and did sometimes drive it in H and had the front tyres lifting quite often so I'd say yours is normal with 45-50mm.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That makes sence Jon, thank you :) ...it operates fine to L as well, so in that sense the T-bars should not be "over twisted" :thumbup:

?No one else still keep the AHC intact in UK -or did you all convert to "normal "suspension?

As my intention was to see if there were differences in our cars it would be nice with some inputs from you :clap:

...(or maybe we can confirm what Jon says, that our values will be equal, due to the AHC compensating :ugeek: )

Back