Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How much mileage can I expect from GG AT's?

phil the brewer

Evenin' folks,

I got a full set of GG AT's on my 120 lc3 yesterday. I asked the fella fitting them how much could I get out of them and he said about 15 or upto 18 if I took it easy, I thought this was a little poor.
I am hoping someone can give me a better idea.

Cheers

Phil

Reckon you can double that - I've put more on a set of mud tyres, which wear faster ....

The general assumptions are
On GG AT2 you can expect roughly 25,000 to 35,000.
It will very much depend on load, and surface.

On the BFG AT KO you can expect over 60,000, some reports to 100,000

I think from memory, I have about 30,000 on my BFG AT KO, and they are not wearing down at all.
I think the wear has been 2mm.
The tread depth new is 13,5mm, Mr Toyota, as part of the service, measures the treads, they were 11,5mm even.
Sure they do last well, but i did hear a few years ago, about some rouge batch, that cracked around the sidewall, near to the rim.

Gra.

Thanks lads,

That should give me at least 2 years as I do approx 15k miles a year. Its all road and no towing so I'm quite easy on them.

Phil

Blery 'ell Phill,

Your up late,

Got no bed to go to??? :D

Gra.

Done over 25k miles in my GG AT2's, and they are about 1/2 worn
but i now use BFG AT for offroading trips, and use the GG AT2 for normal day to day

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
i've got around 28k on my grabbers after nearly 3 years ( they were on my disco before the cruiser), just had a look and got 7-8 mm tread, which considering they have 11mm new means they'll be good for a while yet. tbh they hardly look worn. 80% of my milage is motorway commute, plus a bit of caravan towing. I rotate the tyres annually.

My GG AT2's have about 35k miles on them and have minimum 8mm left on them.

Graham said:
On GG AT2 you can expect roughly 25,000 to 35,000.

On the BFG AT KO you can expect over 60,000, some reports to 100,000

I cannot see it being that much of a difference, two of us have already exceeded 25k on grabber at2's. I'll be very dissapointed if i don't get 50k out of mine.

We all know you're biased Gra ;)

I've got about 50-55k on my GT2s and they're still very legal.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Graham said:
Blery 'ell Phill,

Your up late,

Gra.

Yeah mate don't sleep the best so go on the net if can't get back to sleep, usually does the trick otherwise I'm up have some beers. ;)

Phil

phil the brewer said:
Graham said:
Blery 'ell Phill,

Your up late,

Gra.

Yeah mate don't sleep the best so go on the net if can't get back to sleep, usually does the trick otherwise I'm up have some beers. ;)

Phil
Here Phil,

Nice German beer for you.

German Brewery
[attachment=0:2fxxvldg]Tsingtao (486 x 648).jpg[/attachment:2fxxvldg]
When the Germans occupied part of China, they built a brewery :thumbup:

Gra.

Attachments

• Tsingtao (486 x 648).jpg
    Tsingtao (486 x 648).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 153
Gra,

I do like that beer, actually had one in China a few years ago.
Can't knock the Germans for their priorities and that's for sure.

Drank some of the local stuff in Hong Kong and that was nice but can't remember the name, do you think there's a link between the more you drink and the less you remember :whistle:

Phil

Back