Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hzj75rp rim question.

So I guess I'll be getting the 16x8's with around -35 offset. Now I just need to find a place with a good price. Hopefully it won't take me too long. Thanks for the help guys.

I like them Ben, but can't warrant the expense like you can with your level of off-roading.

what i found out when i was looking at bead locks is that you can still pop the tyre off as they are only fitted on the face of the wheel. so really what you want is the tyre clamped both side or double bead locked. one of the reason i look out for the shaun beadlocks that go in the tyre as they clamp both side of the tyre bead to the rim so you can go even lower pressures.

stu

Maybe so Stu, but much less likely to pop the inside off the rim, than the outside IMO.

You'd have to be doing something close to the insane side of extreme to need double bead locks, no?

Mmmm,:think:

Maybe you need double bead locks Ben...:lol:

Got a quote of $500 for 5 X 16x8 -28 offset black steel rims. So they should be going on during next week. Should look better when that's done. The change from 16x7 -13 should be pretty noticeable. Can't wait

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Got a quote of $500 for 5 X 16x8 -28 offset black steel rims. So they should be going on during next week. Should look better when that's done. The change from 16x7 -13 should be pretty noticeable. Can't wait

IMO the change that will be most visual will be the bigger offset. The rim width is hard to detect. The same tyre on a 10", 8" or 7" will look almost identical. Of course, going up in tyre width will be visible.

That's what I was meaning. The bigger offset :) I was just saying in a whole the difference when changing over will be good.

Should look great. :thumbup:

Stu, the Staun internal beadlocks are good. I foolishly sold the set I had a few years ago. :doh:

Agreed the beadlock rims only clamp the outer bead of the tyre but loads of the comp guys run them and dont seem to have problems and their running low pressures and huge tyres! :think:

My truck went from the first photo to the last two with just a 75mm lift and a different set of wheels/tyres... And they're zero offset (of course ignoring the re spray, bumper changes, rack and........) :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    851 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 84
That's the town apartment in the background eh Clive? :icon-wink:

That's the town apartment in the background eh Clive? :icon-wink:

I wish, Chas!

Fraid not, but it was the office of a not-doing-so-well-at-the-time British builder guy (if you could believe him) who I bought the truck off.

He'd bought that villa at a rock bottom derelict price, (and I saw the photos, it was derelict!), did a full strip-out and refurb on the place, but didn't sell it, some 15 years ago.

He paid 110,000 Euro for it and now, even in a property depression, it's worth about 2,000,000 Euros.

I couldn't help feeling sorry for him...:whistle:

OOPS - Hijack over (sorry HS)

Last edited:
Haha its all good. Wheels are pretty much sorted now. Just waiting to get them so I can put more pics up :)

Also going around my friends today as he is an auto electrician and he has had cruisers all his life so he should be able to help me with the heater problem and the temperature gauge.

Back