Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I Buggered Up

Just realised I made a mistake with the thread title, Trev was fiddling with it at the time of mishap so it should be "Trev Buggered My Truck Up" hahaha

Dont suppose there is any chance of it coming out with the diff oil when its drained, as that seems a bigger hole?

When I drained the diffs on my prado I pushed a flexi-magnet into the hole and turned it through 360deg in order to check for swarf that may be in there.

Pete

Nope, that was the first thing we tried but it's bigger than the hole.

Out with the tools then....

Good luck

Pete

Gear is out! Used some reverse fishing, just need to flush the diff and get the new actuator on now.

Very happy!

nice one!
did you find the circlip that holds it on too?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Confirmed half is definitely out, other half I believe is out but the flush should ensure its out before I move it.

All sorted drove it home ok and the locker works now although the sensor/switch is fubar

Good for you .... and i would keep an eye on that Trevor fella in future :violence-hammer: :lol:

Haha, Ed christened me as Doc (destroyer of conrods) so this shouldn't have come as a surprise :)

Last edited:
:lol: Don't you worry I'll be keeping my eye on him.

A strong speaker magnet has good pull from a distance and could get it to move about, just a thought

Back