Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I don't think I have the correct springs

Simon

Dobinsons list castor correction bushes.

Devon4x4 are a UK stockist, or the place in Poland.

Dont know of anyone else.

Pete.

I'm coming to the conclusion that my old springs are shagged! Not surprised are it's 16 years old!

Still shocked at the lift!

Fronts look easier in someways at least theres less work under the truck.

The rears where simple enough really but the mucking about with brake bits is a pain but such is life!

i put the ironman 2 inch lift kit on mine not long ago Mike and it sits this high.is yours much higher than that?
30ushg0.jpg

Simon_LJ70 said:
Hope it goes well Mike WCO are fitting a set to mine this week.

Rodger, can you recommend a make of castor correction bushes?

I bought mine from Frogs Island. They are made by OME. They come with fitting instructions.

Roger

jeepmadmike said:
I'm now convinced the springs are wrong I have a 4 1/2 lift on the rear of my toy :shock:

Several problems now! getting the right springs :evil: , longer handbrake cable, longer flexi brake hose, longer axle breather, oh and the big issue getting it out of garage :shock:

Totally pissed of now I should have just got the springs made and found some shocks the correct length.

I had issues with other rubbish from down under, a ARB hard top for a pick up that was rubbish! instructions where written by a Aussie who had been in a pub all afternoon and had a worse grasp of the english language than me before he had been drinking. The locks would seize in a month if you didn't lube them and it leaked water....

With a 2" lift, you do not need to change the rear flexi. hose and a simple move of the mounting bracket will sort out the front one. The rear handbrake cable does not need changing but I did remove the mounting onto the axle.

Roger

I've fitted the fronts now

And the trucks on an even keel! Just 4+ inches higher

So the old springs where fooked

The fronts are much easier to fit I found I just tied the shocks fully closed and jacked the axle down one side at and the spring and shock pops in dead easy :cool:

Same issues with the flex brake hose.

Big problem is the top shock mount is not correct the factory shock has a sleeve bonded to the bush the ironman sock just has "normal" bush on each side and is supplied with a sleeve which isn't the right length :doh: so I'm planning on machining a correctly sized sleeve and some spacers to keep the bushes in the shock eye.

Binned the anti roll bar too.

Who's the best to get new flex hoses from? Mine do look like they would be best changed the local company I used to use to make goodrich hoses from has vanished and although goodrich is only in exeter they don't have a trade counter (it was handy to just pop in with a hose and get another made)

Roger
The handbrake cable it's definitely too sort, it looked to short before the lift and it's at horrible angles now..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Rikm777

Mine looks higher on the front and not sure on the rear what size tyre are u running?

On another positive note looks like 35"s would fit with a few tweaks :shock:

I must work out how to post pics on here, will pop into my office tomorrow and bring a laptop home then I might have a chance!

jeepmadmike said:
On another positive note looks like 35"s would fit with a few tweaks :shock:

I must work out how to post pics on here, will pop into my office tomorrow and bring a laptop home then I might have a chance!

can come an take some for you if you want ...... can be at yours in 10 mins :lol:

jeepmadmike said:
If this works this is it before its little lift
6776E2DC-orig.jpg

ooooooh ... that's real tidy Mike :cool: :cool:

OT a bit ..... i will need to see how you've done your winch at some point soon

with a little lift pants picture in the garage which is full of suzuki and suzuki bits before you put a LC in there
11593924-orig.jpg

i had to make some adaptors for the front shock to mounts, i made them with a thread so the bush can be compressed and then easily fitted

BFBF67EF-orig.jpg

fitted

9DA70ABC-orig.jpg

Nicely done ........

one querry tho ....is that nut on the adapter bit man enough ....looks quite thin

If i fit a lift to another 70 i would do stuff a little differently

first i would tidy the garage!

I would fit longer brake flexi's or disconnect the brake pipes and handbrake cable to allow the axles to drop further then the springs would be an easy fit

i found the fronts easy i had it worked out when i got to the NS front and fitted it without a spring compressor just needed to push the axle down i little....

BB169288-orig.jpg

Back