Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I wish

froggy Steve

Supporter
Country Flag
europe
I had an Aux fuel tank! Today I paid €0.917/l for diesel at the supermarket! Thats about 67p! Its been a long time since the volume was more than the cost of fuel! Whats it like where you are?

Diesel here in Romania is about 4.80 lei/lt which is £0.78p in old money :lol:

Not as cheap as you Steve, but prices are going in the right direction :icon-biggrin:

£1.05 for diesel at our local Tesco in Wales .

Fill up for me, both tanks 95ltr and 60ltr, is £166 about 225 Euros. Wish I lived near you Steve.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
99.9p unleaded and 50.9p LPG round our way. :)

We live in the Dordogne, next to the border of the Charente - fuel is cheaper in the Charente.......not by much, because local taxes ..............however, registering your car is more expensive in the Charente than the Dordogne.....? more jobs for the boys I think!

there was a rumour that midlands had diesel at 99p today....

Some friends back home said fuel was 99p at Milton Keynes... it's no rumour.

However, Diesel in the states (Florida) right now is $2.15 for a US gallon - 3.8 litres. That's 56 cent a litre, which is about 36 pence a litre at the current exchange rate....

My Main tank of 95 litres and then 65 litre aux tank will take $90 to fill both. The equivalent of 60 pounds!

Unleaded as low as $1.80 around here.

You can go off some people beau…[emoji6]

no surprise everyone has huge gas guzzlers at that price! I could afford to run one :)

I remember road trip planning in the US , fuel costs were almost never a consideration.

Been a while since the last one ....

Motor insurance in America has always been a curiosity for me , teenagers with v8's and the like :? it also seems from the scarce tidbits of info i have collected over the years the insurance over there works FOR willing customers which is almost entirely opposite to how i feel about insurers this side of the pond .

Motor insurance in America has always been a curiosity for me , teenagers with v8's and the like :? it also seems from the scarce tidbits of info i have collected over the years the insurance over there works FOR willing customers which is almost entirely opposite to how i feel about insurers this side of the pond .

Insurance here is cheaper for the general drivers, including young teens and new drivers. The car choice doesn't seem to affect prices much. However, there isn't a no claims discount here like in the UK, just a "have you had a accident within the past 3 years?" box. My dad who never had a claimed accident was paying around 250 pounds a year for the cruiser. A similar vehicle here will cost double that for him. On the other hand, young drivers are paying $1000-$1500 a year for insurance here and get get insured on pretty much anything. Florida is also probably the most expensive for insurance. Overall though, insurance is still cheaper here because you can have 5 family members on one policy with as many cars as you like for about $2000 a year.

I also found insuring European cars are about 1/3 more expensive than the majority of American cars. Corvette C5 - $600 a year. Volvo XC90 - $1000.

Diesel.is about $1-20 nz a litre.we are still being ripped off.

Still cheaper than France - your price is around 75 centimes, lucky people! (or 55p uk)

€1.09 in my local dispensary this morning. Lowest it's been in 10 years I reckon. A station run by an old man up the road closed when he died in 2011. The prices have never been changed on the sign, diesel was €1.58 then...

Edit...

Also paid €1.67 in Italy 2 years ago.

Makes a huge difference to me using the cruiser as a daily drive with 500 miles a week.

Last edited:
€0.78 here but the unleaded is €0.98 , but this is at a discount , automatic (no staff) filling station .the main brands are 10 to 20 cents a liter more expensive with many Spanish believing that the cheap stuff is worse quality - " it drives better on Repsol/BP etc"

Filled up 65 litres of good o'l diesel today - for a grand total of.......... $30. (About 20 British Pounds) :dance:

Diesel at $1.90 a gallon.

Petrol as low as $1.60 now and falling...

Last edited:
Back