Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

In Need Of Upholstery Assistance...

Sam

Garage
Here I am again... hat in hand... stuck!

I'm at the final stage of building my drawer system and stumbling at the last hurdle. I have wooden tops. These tops go all the way to the edges of the Land Cruiser. Because they are shaped to the contours of the truck they are obviously curved / wavy.

So the question is... how does one carpet something with a flat top and wobbly edges???

It's driving me nuts. Anyone got any inside info as to how this kind of thing can be done?

Had a similar problem. Fortunately SWMBO is a quilter, so no problem. Trace the inner and outer limits onto the carpet - cut to the outer then cut vertical slits between the two and where necessary trim some of those bits out to achieve a flush even fit on top and sides.

Make sense? Practice first though before you make an oops and waste all the carpet :lol:

I've done similar with the top of my drawer system but in a sort of lino sheeting, I used a long piece of cardboard to make a template then cut the lino :thumbup:

Marked to inner and cut to a safety margin past outer :thumbup:

Looking good so far - think it's going to work. Getting excited now :dance:

I'm out of glue though so off to b&q tomorrow to see if I can scrounge some 12mm off-cuts of something for the new fronts (to fit my super cool new handles) and some spray glue magickery. I'll post pics as go.

Thank you chaps and Mrs. Gary of course! :clap:

Oh - and found a cool tip on doing the corners too - but can't explain it. So when I try it I'll pic it.

Edit: Sorry just thought this probably should've been posted in my drawer thread. Didn't think. Will try harder!

Back