Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Inflatable dingy / rib / small outboard engine.

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hi all,

On the off chance that some one here has one they no longer use.
I would be interested in.
Some thing about 2,7M to 4 meters long.
outboard size, I guess from 3 hp to 6hp

Any one got some thing?

Gra.

Are you looking for something like this Gra??? or a full on trailer job???
31072009056_zps7cb9d570.jpg

Not sure if it what your after but IIRC its about 3.5m long and will take up to a 5hp motor on the back. We bought if for our wedding holiday up in the lakes 3 years ago, it was great fun but been in the loft ever since.

That's a bobby dazzler Chris - dibs if Gra doesn't want it!!!

You at lincomb gav

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Struggling to make it to this one dude hence my silence on the thread(s)... Shame, looks like its going to be a good one :doh:

Are you looking for something like this Gra??? or a full on trailer job???
31072009056_zps7cb9d570.jpg

Not sure if it what your after but IIRC its about 3.5m long and will take up to a 5hp motor on the back. We bought if for our wedding holiday up in the lakes 3 years ago, it was great fun but been in the loft ever since.

Hi Chris,

That looks great.
how does the small outboard fasten on?
I thought then needed a wooden transom?

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
TBH Gra we never used it with the outboard. if you can wait til after the weekend i will get it out the loft and read the destructions, blow it up and post some better pics.

Thanks Chris.

Much appreciation.

Gra.

Hi Chris,
I can't see how an outboard can mount?

The one's I am looking at are like this.

inflatable.JPG
Ebay linky

Gra.

All i can remember at the moment Gra is that it does. Like i say mate its been about 3 years since i have seen it but as soon as I get back from Lincomb i will get you all the details

There is a wooden motor mount that fits on the back - it has 4 ropes, one goes to each of the plastic fittings on the back so the engine sort of hangs on the back.

similar here - http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=737881 the photo is on the right.

What do you want to do with it? If its for sea use, you need to think along the lines of no more than a few yards out, inland would be fine. If you are looking at small hp then an electric motor may be better, depending on location some places wont allow combustion driven outboards.

I sold a 2.9m rib which had a 30hp outboard, lovely little boat, called an Avon Bombard, and about the smallest I would go on open water with.

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete,

As you say, just up to 200 meters offshore max.
We are heading off to Spain for 2 months, so was thinking of a small inflatable with probably no more than a 6hp on the back.
It's more for pottering around, not any sort of planing etc.

I guess the 2,9M you had with a 30hp hanging off the the stern made for some pretty rapid advancement. !

Did you not find 30hp was just too heavy?
Did you still use the tiller steer?

Gra.

It was a pretty neat set-up, the Bombard has a folding metal floor, so it wasnt strictly speaking a RIB, it had a small bench and then a console/steering wheel.

It was good for 2 adults and 1 small child, but wasnt really spacious. I lived in Dartmouth so could get out into the channel easily - it had the power, could plane very easily, but it was a bit small for the waves, so I never went more than a mile off-shore.

When we moved to Somerset it just sat in the basement - the Bristol Channel is a hoorendous waterway so we decided to sell it.

Pete

If the new Seago is only £260.00 theres no point buying a 2nd hand one, you'll get most of your money back if you sell it when you get back.

Sorry for the delay Gra, Its been a rather hectic couple of weeks. Here are some more pics of her. Measures up at just under 13 feet long and 5 feet wide. Max capacity is just under half a ton (inc luggage, motor and persons) or 5 people There are marks on the side to tell you when you have pumped it up enough and 3 seats, as you can see in the pics. Comes with oars and a pump (cound find the hose at the moment but I am sure I will have something in the garage that will suitably replace it. I has 4 fishing rod holders. I was mistaken with regards the size of the motor. It will take up to 1.5hp but has been used (not this one and by others) with up to 3hp successfully. Photos of how it mounts are at the bottom and you can get the mount for about £20. Any more questions please ask.

20130527_124310_zps9bd5048b.jpg

20130527_124323_zpsf2410aaf.jpg

20130527_131718_zps683414f8.jpg

20130527_131724_zps8e8056fa.jpg

20130527_131740_zps439cfb39.jpg

20130527_131733_zpse4256fd9.jpg

20130527_131810_zps7068d3de.jpg

20130527_131805_zpsb91bd97d.jpg

61JtAVS1pL_SL1000__zpsb581e4d7.jpg

71-a3SYPzpL_SL1500__zps611bcc63.jpg

Cheers dude - have received just failed to reply yet :oops:

Back