Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

IP address stollen ?

Crispin I'm with talk talk as an ex Tiscali customer. Where do I find my router password ? Would it have come with one ? Is my new telly a "device"? The man who installed the telly used the number on top of my router to connect the TV to the router. I made sure if left the piece of paper he had written it on here :icon-wink:.

Everything is working OK now.

We have slow 1.6 Mb/Sec here. we had a letter yesterday from Talk Talk saying to try their new fibre optic thing free. I know it is in our exchange at Hagley. will it speed things up ?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the help.

I hope my telly doesn't start buying stuff of ebay.

Obsolete software and copyrights i would hope , also far better than anything since .

Crispin I'm with talk talk as an ex Tiscali customer. Where do I find my router password ? Would it have come with one ? Is my new telly a "device"? The man who installed the telly used the number on top of my router to connect the TV to the router. I made sure if left the piece of paper he had written it on here :icon-wink:.

Everything is working OK now.

We have slow 1.6 Mb/Sec here. we had a letter yesterday from Talk Talk saying to try their new fibre optic thing free. I know it is in our exchange at Hagley. will it speed things up ?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for all the help.

I hope my telly doesn't start buying stuff of ebay.

The password used to connect wireless devices (like your TV) will be different to the Admin password required to login to the router's config pages to check or change settings etc, or it should be. The Admin PW may be on the router or a separate ID card that came with it.
Many factors can affect ADSL or 'ordinary' BB speed but one of the main one's is how far you are from the exchange. Broadly speaking the further you are away the slower the speed due to the physical length of the line. Fibre Optic BB usually originates from a point in the network much closer to you than the exchange itself, plus it leaves at a higher speed to start with so assuming it's available in your area it should be much faster.

I recon half the viruses are generated by the virus detection companies just to fool you into thinking they work. JMHO based on a warped outlook on get rich quick scams.

There's no virus blocker on my company laptop and I've never had an issue. Maybe there's something on the company server, but I wouldn't know about that. I also don't download anything dodgy.

I've often thought that Clive. Generate and release viruses then sell the cure. Now where have I heard that before…

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
there is fairly credible evidence that this is done on a regular basis.

Back