Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

iPad Nav

If you are interested in buying a tablet, Samsung are having a cash back promotion that ends tomorrow night. Depending which tablet you go for you are looking between £30 to £50 cash back into your pocket.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/student/cashback.html#kin-terms

A friend bought a 7 inch galaxy 2 from amazon and it works out that it cost £150 and it has a GPS receiver installed.

Has anyone tried the motion X app?

It's relatively cheap from the app store and although it can / does use on line maps from google and bing, you can download maps for areas where your won't have signal.

You can also share your location via Facebook / twitter / email etc and have active live tracking of your mates if the account is enabled. You can also save tracks where you have been and then email gpx file.

What's happened to the ability to EDIT there some shocking typos and spelling mistakes in that last post I'd very like to deal with but don't seem to be able to any more!!!!?

Sorry, did it go away? I made some changes but did not think it would break anything.
It should be back now.

Sorry to ask guys, but was there a comparison done between the iPad and android tablets done during Lincombe??

Just been offered a Samsung 7 inch tablet and thought that would be great for navigation use.

No real comparison done but between Steven and myself there really isn't anything in it. Only reason I didn't go for iPad is that I have something deep seated against apple and the only reason (afaik) that Steven did was because SWMBO told him to.:lol:. All in all I would say go for which ever you can get for the right money.

applemaps.gif

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back