Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is this getting a bit silly now? Teenager shot dead after attacking German railway passengers

France has a history of brutality in its Arab colonies which has lived on in folk memories.
It seems that the Gulf states are more interested in keeping Shias out of the way and covertly funding IS, Al Qaeda and their Salafist doctrines serves them well. Their definition of a terrorist is not the same as ours. UAE and Saudi (and indeed US) troops have been fighting in Yemen, both because of Yemens strategic position and also because the Houthi are aligned with Iran (Shia). In this country we are at the edge of all this and to lump all Muslims together is somewhat missing the point.
As most of the criminal injuries (which are far more than from any terrorist attack) in this country are committed by people of all types and ethnicities, I can’t quite see how locking up people that might cause them, as a precautionary measure , would be justified or practical, plenty of home grown “nutters” or easily led people with a greivance out there. This is not that we should be complacent, but the object of the horrible attacks such as we’ve seen is to spread unrest, fear, disruption and division, which to a certain extent seems to be working.
I was talking with a soldier recently who had been serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, his opinion was that little would change through outside military intervention. Some people in those countries are indoctrinated virtually from birth in distrust and hatred of all those with different beliefs (as he said “arguing about who has the best imaginary friend”, a quote often attributed to Yasser Arafat, though probably wrongly) and education, which is sadly lacking for many, is the only way to change things in the long run.

Our definition of a terrorist isn't the same as ours !

The late Jo Cox M.P. is brutally murdered in the street by someone with an affiliation to right wing extremist groups, Actually screaming the name of a right wing "political party" as he knifes her:
Conclusion mentally ill loner.

The late Fusilier Lee rigby is brutally murdered in the street by persons with affiliation or sympathetic to Islamic extremist groups, Screaming Allah Akbar:
Conclusion terrorist attack.

I was only half joking with the Family guy picture.

Ban all large social gatherings . Tattoo I.D numbers on everyone's forehead . Order all windows to be bricked up . And the terror would continue regardless .

I say the answer is to fix your country .

The guy that shot Jo Cox is likely a stereotypical terrorist . I haven't read up on him but i will guess his personal circumstances were depressing , beaten by life and ashamed of himself with no hope of turning things around . I haven't read anything at all about the truck guy in Nice but does that fit the profile ?

Promote know thy nieghbour because gossip which is a human condition makes every citizen a policeman .

How many terrorists are homeowners with steady jobs ?

So "No concrete evidence" then say Oh wait a mo 2 did use that method, a bit contradictory Mark, just how accurate is the rest of it eh?
Read the post properly Chas- it said systematically

There is no comparison, in my mind at least, between a terrorist from the IRA and a jihadist. One usually gave a warning and had the aim of furthering their cause by causing maximum property damage. The other, as far as I am aware, believes without question that when he blows himself and others to pieces without warning he is doing something he will be rewarded for by the 'next life' being far better than this one with a handful of virgins thrown in.

How do you stop someone with the second mentality apart from keeping him and his target apart? There are no easy answers.

I have a theory, you know how these heatwaves can tend to make you a bit aggravated, or as we British might say a bit hot and bothered, well as most of these jihadists come from unbearably hot climates I think it's the sun frying their brains that makes them so unstable. :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There is no comparison, in my mind at least, between a terrorist from the IRA and a jihadist. One usually gave a warning and had the aim of furthering their cause by causing maximum property damage.

Brighton. Birmingham. Hyde Park. Deal. Shame all those people were in the property being damaged, or riding their horses past a car. Cuddly terrorists, those guys.

Brighton. Birmingham. Hyde Park. Deal. Shame all those people were in the property being damaged, or riding their horses past a car. Cuddly terrorists, those guys.
Hardly Rob.
First I did say 'usually', secondly they didn't blow themselves up in the process, (not intentionally) did they? They didn't consciously strap explosive to their bodies, or pack a car or truck with explosives, select the largest most densely packed crowd and get themselves right in the heart of it and then watching the faces of the families, children, having fun, totally at ease, flick the switch, pull the cord whatever. No such thing as a cuddly terrorist whatever creed, colour religion. It takes a particular brand of religious extremist to do that. Perhaps you'd like to go off and consult whichever statistical body gives you the highest figure of non Muslims that have blown themselves and others up in this way.

They are cowards, bastards, cold blooded murdering scumbags the lot of them and I hope each and every one feels the pain for eternity when they go boom. Anyone planning such an attack doesn't deserve our friendship, comradeship, affection, whatever, they need locking up in the filthiest most rat infested cell their country of origin can find until they rot. The same goes for the others that behead. If anyone wants to live in or visit this country, they should abide by the laws of the land (and of humanity) or go somewhere else. Those people that do, (abide by the laws) deserve our welcome, our friendship, etc. Good for them if they want to better themselves. I might want to do the same some day.

There is no comparison, in my mind at least, between a terrorist from the IRA and a jihadist.

My perception of this is that regardless of the rights or wrongs the I.R.A at least had a goal we could at least comprehend whereas the jihadist are just evil for the sake of being evil for reasons we will never understand .

And i agree the difference is vast

My point about the IRA was never to compare ideologies but to understand opinion around limiting migration as a means to prevent terrorism. The facts are the IRA caused far, far more damage to people and property in the UK than any Islamic aligned group. I don't think we ever considered blocking Irish migration into the UK, but maybe we did.

I don't know why the ideology of ISIS / ISIL / whatever is a mystery. Although I agree it seems to be. There has been lots written about it. This article was mentioned last year in some national pinko rag which made sense to me (not the rag, which is full of misspelling). http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Reading "what isis really wants" made me wonder if honour is the key .

Backward retarded and blessed by maradona the hand of god - how would isis react to a direct challenge .

Can you imagine Trump saying right you faggots choose your battleground and lets fight .

I guess the pitch would have to be a little more refined than that but how does a Caliph keep face when openly insulted and challenged . The laws that govern him are written and he must lay down his life to follow them so i wonder what his book says about cowardice .

This is the kind of thing I had hoped the 'Muslim Community' would have done a long time ago but it is good and powerful that it is being done now. May this sort of thing and more continue and may much good come of it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36936658

Last edited:
There have been quite a lot of similar events, it just doesn't suit some media outlets anti islamic agenda to report on it.

Great story I read a while back of a local muslim community building a christian church for a neighbouring village somewhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-36509800

Last edited:
Back