Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Its a sad day.

Let’s face it, just to look at a landcruiser it doesn’t scream boy racer machine or frugal runabout does it? I bought mine knowing I needed the space and that fuel consumption was better than the equivalent age 2.8 Shogun. Or so I was told at the time. With road tyres and a semi light foot on a run 24.5 is the MPG I had back then and although I tested it on the trek to Romania, that didn’t happen because it had Cooper STTs on, an air dam of a roof tent and a fair bit of weight. At 100mph with all that, it managed just shy of 19 MPG which I’m happy enough with. I don’t do vast miles in it but I use it and probably wouldn’t get much better from a laden van either so I don’t even think about it.

I would quite like a V8 Hundee though. And a 40, and a 70 like Ben’s.
Oh dear, I may be an addict!

Last edited:
Did somebody say Touareg!!!

I will admit im enjoying my Touareg at the moment, i cant vouch for reliability yet as ive only owned it for a month. its very comfy and the v6 diesel engine is very smooth. No rattles from cold (Like the D4D). if i did any off roading of overlanding i would of kept the LC for sure. but for me driving around town and the occasional driving trip to europe this will suit me better.
Im getiing 25-28mpg around town and 34-36mpg on longer jounrneys.

It did perform pretty good in the snow even with road biased tyres. I cant compare the LC in the snow as i threw on all terrains from the get go, so was always pretty good.

As contrary as it may sound Mike she might be surprised to find she enjoys the attention a "modified" truck gets

My mrs absolutely refused to drive "that thing" until one day she had to , 6 months later all the calipers had seized on the coupe she had owned from new because she never drove it any more so we sold it and bought her a truck like mine only with a newer more powerful engine .

She still drove mine so i modified hers a little with a suspension lift and bigger wheel/tyre combo . Things settled for a while and she had hers and i had mine , but then she starts nagging me to get an 80 "we need the extra seats" she says . We don't have space for 3 cars says me .

The 80 is here now and she hates it so with logical common sense and a straight face she says well sell my truck because you have spent to much time and effort on yours to ever get rid of it , and i don't mind driving it , the 80 can be your next project and you like putting your stamp on things :angelic-cyan:

:confusion-shrug: i'm thinking of buying her a t-shirt that says :text-imwithstupid:
The thing is, my wife just doesnt drive at all, never had a licence nor wants one.

Back