Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It's Winter and it's snowing. No go on, really?

That's because of the perception of blame that is all pervading. Don't do anything, then you can't be wrong, because if you are wrong you are to blame. And we all know what happens when you are to blame.. someone is entitled to compensation.

Now that isn't actually true, but like many things, perception is stronger then reality. Will you get sued if you clear your snow and someone slips and is hurt? Complete tosh. But do people believe that to be true? Yes they do and that's why they don't clear the snow in the East Midlands Trains station at Chesterfield, because they think that they will be sued. That's East Midlands trains by the way.

The fact is that after a reasonable time, if they haven't made an effort to clear the snow they would actually be MORE liable.

I used to walk to school and walk home again. I used to cross several roads, one of them a main road. Other than the first few years of infants, I used to do this one my own. I would stop at the woods and climb trees on the way home and usually get back quite late. All before the age of 11. My daughter goes to the same school. She has to cross one small estate road and we are now about 600 yards from the school rather than the 3/4 mile that I used to walk as a boy. And yet, my daughter is walked up and walked back every day. In a year she will be going to big school. So how's she going to cope with that change then? Maybe she'll be able to sue her MOTHER!!!! It's all her Goddamn fault. All of it. The snow, the planes, the price of diesel. Well it's got to be her, hasn't it? I have one welded to a bloody X box who hasn't seen sunlight for 5 years and one who can't be left in the car without tears whilst I go into the shop for milk because the circus gypsies will come and steal her away. Jeez. Where is the lotto win when you need it most? Huh?

Missus said what do you want for Christmas. I said, your signature on that divorce! Hah! She said you don't get off that lightly. Bugger!
Later I said, you look better for a drink. She replied saying that she hadn't had one. I know I said, but I have!

Chris

Chris said:
Missus said what do you want for Christmas. I said, your signature on that divorce! Hah! She said you don't get off that lightly. Bugger!
Chris

Mmm,

Now maybe the marriage licence should also be 1 year renewable?

Graham

Graham said:
Chris said:
Chris
Mmm,Now maybe the marriage licence should also be 1 year renewable?Graham
Now that's a good idea, an MOT for marriages :thumbup:

EPIC FAIL!!

[youtube:2bypdjb8]j6yX70Ce9VY[/youtube:2bypdjb8]

Chris said:
I have one welded to a bloody X box who hasn't seen sunlight for 5 years and one who can't be left in the car without tears whilst I go into the shop for milk because the circus gypsies will come and steal her away. Jeez.

Chris

@Chris
Time for the x-box to develop a small problem I guess.

My teenage brat has a more or less minor streak of autism. Can't fault him, always been a strictly to the facts and don't bother me kind of person myself.
He likes to loose himself in his own imagination and sticks to the thing he knows.

That's why he goes horseriding every week "diminished motor skills", we enrolled him in a swimming club "anti-social behavior", he is only allowed 1 hour of TV each day, has to sit at his desk 2 hours after school each day for homework. Didn't stand a chance against the bullies at school, so off to taekwondo training 2 times each week.
Knows how to fix his own bike after 2 flats and a 5 mile walk getting home.

He's slower than the rest, but once its firmly lodged up there doesn't forget a thing. And that for an autistic kid that the schoolteachers write off the first time they meet him.

He fell on his way from school on an icy patch, so we bought him some yaktrax.
It's snowing outside you know.

It's hard being the pain in the a&rse all the time. But if you won't give up on your Cruiser, then certainly don't give up on your wife and kids.

It's winter, it's snowing outside and nearly Xmas.
I'll probably get some socks for all the effort. But that's just the way it is.

The teenage brat rides a horse far better than I'll ever will.
Number 1 daughter is pregnant for the 2nd time and got her bachelor degree whilst pregnant off my first grandson.
Number 2 daughter is a nurse in an old peoples home, after really being into gothic for a while.
The 2 son in laws still require some effort and body work skills though!

They tend to turn out fine in the longrun, just stick at it. Even if you need a drink now and then.

It just started snowing again :clap:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the motivation Chris. Went to the shops and bought even more lottery tickets!! And a bottle of vodka.

Cheers mate, just what I needed :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

By the way, it IS snowing. And I fell over this morning walking the dog. I didn't go to the doctor to waste their time, I got my ladders out, went up on the roof and put a new TV aerial up.

I can feel some Elgar coming on.

Chris

Chris said:
I have one welded to a bloody X box who hasn't seen sunlight for 5 years...
Yep, I got one of those... perfect son one minute and real attitude the next... guess its the hormones & they will grow out of it eventually :pray:

Just be thankful for teenage boys - if it wasn't for them NO ONE would like teenage girls!

I just drink red wine or vodka and you know what ! it's all blurred, no worries, no problems and in my state of unconsciousness I can have any woman I want and she'll do just as much as those on the dirty net sites and never moan !!!
ps, I'm pi55ed up already for xmas after 7 5hitty days at work !

Have a good un everyone !

Nick.

Kettle's always on at Uncle Chris' house.

C

Back