Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Jack/spare wheel winch handle.

I have a HZJ75 without a sub fuel tank, and I need a new spare tyre winch for it.

Toyota dealer wants $250 for a new one.

Seems a lot of money for something that will end up jammed up when I need to use it.

Anyone know of any aftermarket ones that are better and/or cheaper? Anyone made one of their own?

if a wreckers doesn't have one what about calling companies that supply and fit long range tanks, they would remove them to fit the tank in the rear

It's not so much an availability problem, it's more that they are just not very good. I’m wondering if there is something better available out there, or if anyone has made a better one themselves?

I solved my dissatisfaction by cutting a 1/4 inch extension in half and welding it place of the stock tin connection, I welded the extension sticks so now a long one, then I welded a blob on each side of the hook ground them carefully so it is a positive location into the winch end, it won’t slip out and a good purchase made when winding in or out, it ain’t pretty but it works. The slot at the winch end is a drilled hole with a slot milled across so it’s easy to make the hook a better tighter fit. My tuppence worth probably worth less than tuppence

Back