Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Jeep Wranglers

jbecks

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Jeep-Wrangler_Call_of_Duty_Black_Ops-2011-wallpaper.jpg

Am I mad for liking and wanting one of these? anyone else owned one or any experience of them? Fear not....I'll always keep my land cruiser! :D

Mate of mine had one for a few years, and I've offroaded with the in the US - nice bit of kit, actually, and some very cool aftermarket stuff in the US - but they have a hell of a big footprint on the road for not a lot of space inside. In the US I'd have one - in the UK - not so sure...

I would love one but for me the new jk is too expensive For me,and the tj only has petrol engines, they flex beautifully and look damn fine lifted on big tyres B)

I would love one but for me the new jk is too expensive For me,and the tj only has petrol engines, they flex beautifully and look damn fine lifted on big tyres B)

yeah 30k for what is a pretty basic car, I would buy second hand, but they currently 20k mark still.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Modded ones turn up on J33P once in a while for not stupid money, if you're serious I can put you in touch with some people... :thumbup:

yeah the JK was the model I was looking at in 5 door...but it depends because I also fancy a 100 series or maybe a 120 :D

My mate had the 5 door common rail diesel auto - nice motor - but as I said, big, considering the internal dimensions...

The latest version of the JK is nice, I was looking to replace my Freeloader 2 with a 2008 model, but the high road tax put me off. Plus the lack of extras in this country. If I was in the States I would certainly get one.

Check out Eddie and his Project JK videos on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h4HhVCjj4o

They have some great looking trips out there, I particularly like the episode when they snap an axle and weld it back together on the trail attaching a wrench to re-enforce the axel till they get back.

Richie

I was looking at getting the overland edition, I think after 2009 its in a lower tax band. The only problem for me at the moment is; how capable are the non rubicons off road I will do to many miles for a petrol version.?

Last edited:
I was looking at getting the overland edition, I think after 2009 its in a lower tax band. The only problem for me at the moment is; how capable are the non rubicons off road I will do to many miles for a petrol version.?

I think IIRC that the 2013+ model has a new engine that brings it back into the lower Tax bracket. To get the lockers and Dana 44 axel you need the Rubicon or go through their special vehicle orders and spec your model as you want. The new version seems pretty smart but lots of electronics this time round.

I think IIRC that the 2013+ model has a new engine that brings it back into the lower Tax bracket. To get the lockers and Dana 44 axel you need the Rubicon or go through their special vehicle orders and spec your model as you want. The new version seems pretty smart but lots of electronics this time round.

what does a normal wrangler have? How good are they? I know I could look on a jeep forum but they will be biased :)

Friend of mine bought a wrangler, his dream truck.
Spent a bloody fortune on it, drove it to Italy, didn't want to drive it back, sold it at a huge loss after 9 months. Oh and I pulled him out of his snowed in housing estate with my xr2 on rally tyres, it was a frickin useless ornament. Size of a transit, interior of a 70's tr7

Off the top of my head from what I remember you get the terrain response/traction control, hill descent, hill start but no diff lockers.

If you believe the reviews of Total 4x4 it has come top in the utility section for the last few years beating the defender, going where it goes off road but better on road and with better safety features.

However I have a friend who's brother in law works for Chrysler who said that they were always coming back into the shop to be fixed, that was a few years ago mind. I'd still have one and so would my mate. Well the new one anyway, not prepared to pay more for road tax than I am insurance.

Check out Project JK though they have videos on you tube and a website with loads of info.

Richie

Back