Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Just joined the club with a cruiser! (Again)

Blimey, that looks mint Chas.

Has anyone you know been underneath it yet?

Hundees have a habit of dissolving behind beautiful paintwork, not to put a dampener on it, mind.

Just double check as it's an import that it has the right paperwork for the ULEZ stuff - I know some of the guys on the Surf pages have had some challenges with this, and I think someone else here has had challenges...

When I asked around, the tfl folks conformed that from Apr 2021 the tax would be based on the mot reported emissions and not make / model (therefore, being an import didn't work as a get out of jail card ).

Best to reconfirm though.

Blimey, that looks mint Chas.

Has anyone you know been underneath it yet?

Hundees have a habit of dissolving behind beautiful paintwork, not to put a dampener on it, mind.
Looks like you will be setting an Extra place for dinner, When the summer arrives Clive.. Chas is back in Town!

Just double check as it's an import that it has the right paperwork for the ULEZ stuff - I know some of the guys on the Surf pages have had some challenges with this, and I think someone else here has had challenges...

My 80 is an import and was register as a "light utility vehicle" as opposed to an "estate". I managed to get the DVLA to change this but only after convincing Toyota UK that this was the same as a UK spec.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Beautiful machine Chas. Congratulations.
What year is it? Guessing 2000-2002.
Noting it's missing mirror heating and rear cooling, and that's good. Less problem with A/C pipes.
Are you planning to loose the navi screen? - probably the least useful part of the dashboard. I've heard rumours that it's possible.

As the imports don't have much if any under body treatment from the factory. As the rule in Japan is to keep the emissions down by keeping the motors there new etc.. just don't get caught out by the pictures of a clean top side of an import as the under side can reveal the nightmare that you've just bought! Just like the one I bought!

If it's a fresh import and it's been run more to the south of the uk... then still make sure it's been adequately undersealed. To have a good look under there to save the nightmare of retrieval. Aand to get it undersealed well... Enjoy if you buy it Chas :thumbup:

As the imports don't have much if any under body treatment from the factory. As the rule in Japan is to keep the emissions down by keeping the motors there new etc.. just don't get caught out by the pictures of a clean top side of an import as the under side can reveal the nightmare that you've just bought! Just like the one I bought!

If it's a fresh import and it's been run more to the south of the uk... then still make sure it's been adequately undersealed. To have a good look under there to save the nightmare of retrieval. Aand to get it undersealed well... Enjoy if you buy it Chas :thumbup:
If I do buy it, I haven't actually viewed it yet, I've arranged with Julian V to have it delivered direct to him for servicing and undersealing before I use it.. It is a factory 'Active Vacation' camper edition and has water, cooker, panels for a bed and sink already installed. It's not cheap but it has a lot of what I would add to it anyway.

Reactions: uHu
....It is a factory 'Active Vacation' camper edition ....
Aha, it's one of these:
rv2-jpg.664601.jpg

Great find.
There's a thread on it on mud called RV set-up

Right, I am now the proud owner of a 100 series, managed to knock him down a bit and got free delivery to Julian V for a service, if needed and undersealing.
it's this one, a Toyota factory camper conversion.

Nice work. Looks immaculate. Lots of cool details there. I’ve seen a few for sale but never one with the bed complete and intact.

Nice work. Looks immaculate. Lots of cool details there. I’ve seen a few for sale but never one with the bed complete and intact.
I couldn't see one thing wrong with it, it's like it's just come from the factory :shock:, it's even got all the little extras supplied from new, there's a neck pillow, the sort of thing you wear for long aircraft flights, I'm not sure if that is for driving or sleeping even the water tanks have Toyota embossed on them not just a sticker.
All the original Japanese paperwork and owners hand books are there, unfortunately all in Japanese but I've just downloaded google translate to my cell phone, hold it over the text and it magically changes to English. I won't be using it before next January when I tax and insure it, can hardly wait.

Reactions: Ben
That looks mint Chas.
I think the camper set up in the back will suit you well.

Looks really nice Chas

congrats!

what’s the plans for it?

Congratulations Chas, and welcome back to the cruiser family. Look forward to seeing you two at a meeting soon.
Great start to the holidays!

Nice looking Truck Chas!...Guess you missed the Cruisers too much, Did you flog the Jag?

Back