DSC_0144.jpg

DITCH2.jpg

P1030332.jpg

P1030729.jpg

014.jpg

30042011823.jpg

021020111243.jpg

Its been a while since i been on here happy nu year to all :thumbup:

Hey Pete, good to have you back Mate. Nice quality pics.

Chris

Very nice! :thumbup: :cool:

Is the Silver 90 yours too? What has that had done to it - SL, bigger wheels +....??? It makes the Blue 90 look like a dwarf :shock:

that 70 looks smart in the 4th pic down, looks like a rare 3door prado import. :thumbup:

chadr said:
Very nice! :thumbup: :cool:

Is the Silver 90 yours too? What has that had done to it - SL, bigger wheels +....??? It makes the Blue 90 look like a dwarf :shock:

YES they are all mine ,blue one is for spares,silver one is for smart/every day use, red one is for offroading/and near death experinces :lol: :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ben said:
that 70 looks smart in the 4th pic down, looks like a rare 3door prado import. :thumbup:

YES i think you are spot on the guy that owns it is polish :thumbup:

hi PETE BELL, i see your in kilmarnock, where do you go offroading ?

are you in a club ?

cheers roy

PETE BELL said:
YES they are all mine ......

Lucky man! :)

Can you tell us a bit more about the Silver 90's mods please? :thumbup:

roy said:
hi PETE BELL, i see your in kilmarnock, where do you go offroading ?

are you in a club ?

cheers roy

ROY aye im in the scottish mud club and go off roading to drumclog and glentarkie regularly, but i like going down to kirton off road centre for weekends about 3x a year

chadr said:
PETE BELL said:
YES they are all mine ......

Lucky man! :)

Can you tell us a bit more about the Silver 90's mods please? :thumbup:

Hi Chadr, from the top, roof bar with four truck style spotlamps, sun viser, stainless steel bull bar and spotlamps on it. old man emu suspension, milner 40mm body lift kit,mickey thompson 16x10 alloy wheels, cooper discoverer stt 315x75x16 tyres. loadsa powder coating on panels underneath. so far........... :whistle:

Love it - looks the business. :cool:

Do you get any rubbing from those 315s?

Are the wheels Mickey Thompson's? what offset are they? and do you have an trouble with them rubbing? have you done anything else to get the tires to clear the arches? the silver one looks the mutts nuts.
:clap:

theboocrew said:
Are the wheels Mickey Thompson's? what offset are they? and do you have an trouble with them rubbing? have you done anything else to get the tires to clear the arches? the silver one looks the mutts nuts.

HI the rear wheels clear no problem but the front is not so simple . i tried to get the wheels/tyres on without fitting the body lift kit, at first trimming the plastic and steel in the arch as much as poss but it was just not going to happen so i fitted 40mm body lift kit and then no problem, but i must say driving the car with 35inch tyres on has changed things dramatically!!!! if i start doing alot of towing i am going to take the wheels off and fit my 33inch set off the red car. i honestly can see me changing the tyres over from the red car to the silver car, putting the 35inch stts on my off roader.
Wheels on the silver car are 16x10 mickey thompson import from the states via L.A SUPERTRUCKS who dont do the wheels now, but i think you can get them from silverline ( ££££) be warned. i had to grind about 3mm off the outside of the brake caliper on the front to get the wheels to turn other than that i am very happy. The original polished finish lasted well with my mate spraying on industrial clear lacquer, but now after the road salt had its way with them i got them blasted and powder coated in mettalic silver.
:thumbup:

When you say changed dramatically, in a bad way??

I would be very grateful to anyone and everyone who could offer an educated guess what it might cost to put them 16x10 wheels on my 90 . I mean to put it in a garage and go back a month later to drive the finished truck away . I understand the basics and could perhaps work out a price for separate body and suspension lifts but i have no doubt there are a thousand other bits and bobs and tweeks and squeaks that would have to be sorted . I'm looking at a price that does not involve me picking up a spanner at all .

PS i am not asking out of idle curiosity .

Whereabouts in the world/UK are you based Helen07? There's a few places that could assist...

I'm South Wales but London to Liverpool is not far . The reason i ask for estimated prices is i don't want to open a can of worms then turn out to be a tyre kicker because i am well aware any modification can very easily turn into a domino rally as far as money is concerned . How many have thought to themselves "i can afford a new set of wheels" only to find out later the cost of alterations to fit the wheels is treble the cost of buying them in the first place .

It should be noted i am a bloke and Helen is the Mrs i had trouble registering (i realize now i should not have unticked all the boxes without reading them) so hello everyone from Shayne .

I was set to order steel modulars with bigger tyres from Formula 4x4 today but yesterday i was searching google images for pics when i came across Geordie Petes truck so i signed up to ask his wheels measurements and whether or not they could be run without a lift . I sincerely did not want to lift my truck because i believe Toyota spent umpteen million getting the suspension right and who am i to better them .

But then i seen the shiney silver and thought to myself "thats how a truck should look" . I'm now thinking should i spend money on minor mods to ALMOST get the look i want or do it once and do it right with the full monty .

I've just had a quote from American ebay for new 16x8 ION 171 wheels in exactly the same style and polished alloy - worked out about £500 for 4 wheels , hubs and nuts in included and shipping . Hope this helps .

Unfortunately Pete is a fairly infrequent visitor to the forum so you might have to be patient about a response from him Shayne but you could start enquirys with the guys at West Coast Offroad in Southport - they know their onions when it comes to 'cruisers...

Last edited:
Back