Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KM2s

BIG clean GREEN

Garage
To complement my body lift and ironman suspension lift, I've just ordered a set of 255/85/16 KM2s, they'll be fitted on Thursday morning, :thumbup: the prices have shotup so much over the past few weeks, tyrefitdirect quoted £160 inc fitting two weeks ago, I went to order them this morning and they now want £185, :evil: so I've got them from my local tyre place for £174, that's the best I could find them at ! guess I'll be working more overtime to pay for them now :thumbdown:

Nice one :thumbup: I bet you can't wait :mrgreen: You'll not be disapointed :)

I've just spent the weekend in Wales giving mine some proper abuse & I can now safely say that I'm impressed with them in all conditions dry & wet tarmac, snow, ice, mud, loose rock, rock & wet rock :thumbup: IMHO an awsome all round tyre & to cap it all very quite on the black stuff considering what they are :)

Can't wait to see your piccys :D

PS - I do think that you've gone for the right size as well :thumbup:

I just know I'm not going to sleep tonight, No need for the blue pill tonight if you get my drift, hope SWMBO not too tired :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bet you're pacing up & down :) What time you going :?:

Here's an idea of what may be waiting for you :)

PA240709.jpg

Don't forget your camera :thumbup:

I'll be there for 9am after the school run, not slept a wink, I'm then nipping down to Milners for some locks to keep the Pikeys at bay !!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Check Halfrauds for the McGuard wheel nuts - I get a set of the cone ones for £15 from them...

255/85/16 !

Had a slight problem with them though, they were rubbing on the mud flaps, so I had to remove them and get the angle grinder to the pinch seams behind them, all appears OK now, but not sure if it will still clear when the springs are compressed over a bump for example, They are slightly more noisy then I'd expected, but perhaps they'll quiten a bit after they've scrubbed in ?

SWMBO says that Chris is a bad influence on me and hopes I've no intentions of going off road, "no dear of course I won't" :liar: :lol: :lol:

Well I distinctly recall telling you not to buy those particular tyres. :whistle:

I doubt the there will be any change in noise Mate. They don't really scrub in. Are they really that noisy? I want a set of those as I can't get the Cooper STs anymore. I'd heard that they were quiet on tar.

Chris

Pics, Pics, Pics, Pics......

I've seen them but there are people here waiting!

Usually tyres get louder not quieter as they age :)

That’s a familiar looking pile of tyres :D

You wait till you start getting ‘em dirty :D You’ll love ‘em :thumbup:

Noisy :!: I think that mine are prety quiet for an M/T :D What ever that means :think: :) ;)

Pinch seem mod :shock: Really :?: :!: I've not had any rubbing from mine except in Wales this weekend on the rears :| Right here infact :)

P3040162.jpg

P3040163.jpg

I couldn't see where they were rubbing but it wasn't a worry as we were soon on our way :D

I personally do think that the tyres get quieter from new but only in the first 30/50 miles or maybe less :) I had all of mine re-balanced for my Wales trip & while they were off rotated :) This ment that they were all rolling the opposite way to what they were before they came off (sharp edge forwards), if that makes sense :) Anyways when I left, they were definitely noisier than when I drove there for a while :)

They look great Nick - they'll look better after hitting a few puddles on the way to the supermarket ;)

Truck looks mint mate! I had the same problem with the pinch seam, a big hammer sorted mine out though :thumbup:

My KM2s are pretty noisy, more so than my old cooper discoverer STT. There is no comparison offroad though, the KM2s rule! Well worth a bit of road noise :thumbup:

Now all you need to do is get them dirty!!!

Now you're all being daft, I'm off to get some rubber polish :lol:

I've just done a 130 mile trip to Birminghamshire and they feel quite nice on the M1, however when I overtook a wagon I got sucked in (not off unfortunately) more so than usual, possibly due to the truck being almost 5" higher than Std and partly due to the height of the tyre wall, it'll be fun with a twin axle caravan on the back :think: I cured the noise by cranking planet rock up on the radio :character-beavisbutthead:

I parked right outside the front of the store today so I could keep looking at it through the window, I've never spent so nuch time at the checkouts !

What pressures are you running? This may the cause of the poorer handling.

Back