Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KM2s

I've been running 36psi for the everyday norm (as recomended by the tyre fitters) :D

For the run up to Wales (270miles loaded) I pumped them up to 40psi all around :D My m8 Giles had 45psi in his rears for the run up to Wales :o :) And 40psi in the fronts :) He's also running 255/85/16 BFG's :)

While up in Wales I ran with 28psi all weekend :)

All of these pressures seem to work well for me except for the 28psi :| I think would have been better slightly lower but was still a good compromise pressure for mixed on/off road use :thumbup:

I've been on an this website http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=15126&highlight=4psi+rule where they're talking about a 4psi rule, where by you choose a pressure for which ever terrain you're on, check the pressure when cold, once the tyres have warmed up, check them again and the increase should be 4psi, if it's less you've set the pressure too high, if it's more you've set them too low. Has anyone heard or tried this method ?

Id've thought that the increase in tyre pressure due to a rise in operating temperature would be a more complex thing than keep checking till you hit +4psi :think: How long do you run for :?: On what type of surface :?: At what speed and in what ambient temperature :? :)

Tis true that the operating tyre pressure will increase from cold set pressure :D

Why not just try a few different pressures over the next couple of weeks to find what works for you :)

There was a notable difference in performace/ride quality between all of the pressures we used over our Wales weekend that even the passengers commented on :)

I've always found the Car Bible site an interesting read & here's the link to his tyre pressure section http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg3.html an interesting read but I'm sure will only serve to confuse more :lol: :)

At the end of the day tyre pressure choice is a personal thing depending on the vehicle, load & personal ride comfort preferences :) Oh & not to mention economy :) ;)

Give 36psi a go :thumbup:

You'll find the right pressure to run with :) :thumbup: I'm very happy with my KM2's & have really abused them in all respects to the extent of getting 4 wheel drift out of them while cornering to find the limitations of them & if your pushing them this hard then you must be breaking the law :lol: ;) There just new to you @ the mo you'll soon get used to how well they work & @ what pressures & then you'll be considering your next mod :D ;)

Back