Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Kzj70, centre console in brown wanted

lc27

Country Flag
uk
HI Folks,
I am after this part:
mine is broken and cracked in several parts, so I am looking to replace it to one that is not. I am looking to the whole piece including the inserts and cup holders etc
color as per picture which is a kind of brown. If somebody knows where to get a new one even better, otherwise a used one in mint condition will work.
Cheers
MM
IMG_6872.jpg

Hi there
Now is even worse, the car went to the garage to fix a minor stuff and got the console broken in pieces.

They have committed to pay for the replacement but of course the challenge is to find it.

Anybody out there that would be keen to sell one in good condition?

image.jpgimage.jpg

Ah, gutted! Only person I can think of is Karl Webster, but it'll be pot luck if he has one in... have you tried your local Toyota parts desk? Take the truck with you and they should be able to cross ref the part on their diagrams.

Good luck,

Jim.

Thanks jim
It was actually a toyota dealer who broke it, and they said they couldn't find a replacement in their database
I think the part number is 58811A, I guess Karl is a member of the forum and I will try to find him to get hold of and find how my luck is.
Cheers
Marc

Hi Mark. He's quite easy to find but he's usually busy and can be a pain in the behind sometimes.
:?

Ill see what I can find at the weekend. Drop me a text sat morning to remind me on please 07968389167

Karl

Jeje cheer Karl
I will do
Regards
M

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No luck at all. I have tried different break yards and my hope are low. If anybody have an update let me know
Cheers
M

Well. It would be good to explore this new 3d printers to understand if they can be reproduced :think:

It could be, you would need a large printer or do it in sections.. ermmm I have always fancied a 3d printer

Hi gents to keep this alive and I may be lucky for Xmas and somebody has seen one

Any phone number/name to contact there?

Mine is in brown and is available, but it's from an auto so has a different top section. They're made from at least 3 parts, some elements might interchange? It's got some damage to it too, but it could be mostly repaired/hidden. I'm designing a custom unit to replace it that'll be more robust and practical for my needs.
Regarding 3D scanning/printing, that's kinda one of my gigs. This part is generally too awkwardly large for it to be cost effective though. There are some nifty home-brew printers nowdays but the bedsize tends to be small. The machines I used to use would do this part - but it could have cost going on £600 :shock:

Thanks Duv. I dont think they are the same, in the manual version, the big central part where the gear shaft sit, it is only one piece. If that is the part in the auto version that is removable it may work. If you could send me a pic I can have a look at it.
I put aside the idea of printing the part due to cost and quality. I asked for a sample of a tiny section and I did not like it.

Okay I have to apologise if I got your hopes up - I'm afraid my unit is probably too far gone. It could be plastic welded to look ok which is what I'd do if I were keeping it, but the plastic is obviously brittle now anyway. I've reduced the size of the pics for uploading, highlighting where the cracks are. In the underside shot you can see the 3 components that make up the console (the main part wraps all the way around the upper insert with a thin bar across the top). Sorry not better news..
IMG_1593.jpgIMG_1594.jpgIMG_1595.jpgIMG_1596.jpgIMG_1597.jpg

Thanks for the pics, for sure it will come the right one
cheers
m

Could make one out of steel in sections. Mine has completely broke up now after my little girls keep using it as a step to get into the back. If my truck was in slightly better condition I would make a start but have I more pressing issues with the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your struggling to find one in brown, how about getting one of the more common grey ones and spraying it brown?

Have you called/emailed/messaged every single person on ebay advertising "Landcruiser breaking" to see if they have one?

:icon-biggrin:

Back