Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ71 lift

jeepmadmike

So people of land cruiser knowledge

what is the best way to give my cruiser a little lift?

or and whats the most economic :?

thanks all

mike

You could get some spring spacers nade up yourself for little cost :thumbup:

Karl

karl webster said:
You could get some spring spacers nade up yourself for little cost :thumbup:

Karl

i was thinking the top spring plate looks flat

but my front springs are shagged

If the springs are shot maybe just buy new springs then,That would give you a little hight.

If its not as high as you would like ,fit spacers.

Or just price a proper Lift kit :think:

Karl

im having trouble with finding a lift kit West coast havent got an ironman kit and D4x4 being D4x4 will want silly money for a OME kit at a guess- and i find them odd to deal with too.

is there any other options?

d4x4 wanted just over a grand when i called them for an old man emu lift kit. hence why i went with ironman from westcoast, was £350, but i notice they seem to have to have put there prices up a lot since i got mine last year, and they havnt got any in stock anyway. :thumbdown:

dobinsons do lift kits for them. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
To be honest im not really that clued up on the lift options. Im sure someone will come along soon with some words of wisdom.

karl

got the OME kit to lift my old fronty from TBR ...came to just over half a ton in cost

what's "rough country" kit like

There's a string, started by Big Dave, on the other forum that deals with this very issue.

Roger

Just fitted 70mm OME to my 75 very happy with it - can't recommend this enough.

I fitted an OME kit to my LJ71 from TBR, i had a choice of springs, i fitted heavy duty to the rear as the rear of my truck has been racked out for my overland kit+roof tent etc, and medium duty to the front.

Very pleased with it, transformed the ride, :D

I then had fitted 235 85 r16 tyres and wheels from Footloose 4x4, pleased with them too. :thumbup:
I believe the 235 85 r16 tyre is a standard Land Rover fitment so easy to get hold of abroad,

I recon the truck has been raise 3-4" (unloaded) :thumbup:

Just spoken to West Coast, they have the 2" LJ78 kits in stock at £395 plus vat and postage.

All arrived last week.

I have a link for a coil manufacturer who will give you exactly what you want, at about £45 plus vat per corner, you can then choose your own shocks.

http://www.springcoil.co.uk

Pete

let us know how you get on, a few people interested in using them.

Pete

I had TJM 2" Heavy duty back and medium duty front lifted the LC RJ70 like advertised at the beginning but sagged to one inch 2 years later and one busted shock. I then tried dobinson "2" linear heavy duty front and back with rancho rs9000 (adjustable) and I must say its probably the best suspension combo you can get. I set the shocks to soft settings when DD and change them to what ever i feel like and LC feels like a different truck for each 9 settings from range rover comfort and wobbly to LC40 bone jarring stiff ride .

Back