Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lifesaver Systems water purifiers

wobbly

Garage
On the off chance you have one, don't use it.

Their microfilter technology doesnt work against viruses.

Company have put themselves into administration (probably to avoid the legal suit with Oxfam).

Cheers for the heads up, I have several of their bottles :thumbup: What a flippin con though :icon-mad

You can see if it works by using one of these:
Fake-bomb-detector-009[1].jpg

(If you don't know what that is then http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29459896)

Cheers for the heads up, I have several of their bottles :thumbup: What a flippin con though :icon-mad

Yep I have one too. From what I can see it is down in the third decimal place 99.99x....although important. Shame really as it seemed to be a good product. However, I'm not sure whether the filter NEVER was able to produce the results, or whether it is a batch problem or something else (should I throw it away or wait for clarification?). Luckily my main investment in water purification on the truck has been with the Seagull IV system. At the end of the day they filter stuff and protection is not absolute.

As an alternative I have one of the Sawyer Squeeze filter systems and have used many times to filter river water. Seems effective (not been ill yet) and lasts many thousands of litres.

Can be bought from Cotswold outdoors.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have one of these plumbed into the water bladder in the right hand rear wing.

http://www.brownchurch.co.uk/products/equipment-accessories/brownchurch-products/water-purification/

Bought it at an auction year before last, brand new and unused still in the box. No one at the auction knew what it was including the auctioneer, I offered up IIRC TWENTY EUROS (about £15.00 then) and walked away happy as a pig in shit, and it is brilliant!!

I am rarely this lucky but this time a classic right time/right place.

EDIT: Just checked it was 20 euros and came with a spare filter so well over 300 quid's worth!

regards

Dave

Last edited:
Back