Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lil' Blue for sale

Trevor

Country Flag
england
The time has come to part with Lil' Blue as it's now sitting doing not a lot.

Ideally I'm looking to sell as it is and for someone to finish the jobs to put it back on the road (too many Cruisers and one irate wife). So I'm posting to see if there are any takers, if there is no interest then I will end up breaking instead as there is well over £6k in parts.

First registered in 03/1998
A smidge under 138000 miles on clock BUT engine was rebuilt around 3000 miles ago along with water pump. timing belts etc, radiator and hoses.

Equipment List:
Snorkel - Safari
Front diff lock fitted (ARB RD90 Air Locker by Devon 4x4)
Up rated springs and HD dampers (40mm lift) Old Man Emu
+50kg springs front, standard rear (Standard for OME, not Toyota).
Centre spring bump stops on rear
25mm spacers on rear spring cones
Milner body lift including steering spacer 40mm
Milner anti roll bar, panhard rod and all trailing arm bushes
Improved rear bump stops (standard Toyota part) and Rock Crawler spacers
Lengthened anti roll bar links fitted
ASFIR under body protection
Inchworm rear diff lock guard
Rock sliders with built in tree bars
VIAIR 440 100% duty cycle on board air with 150psi 2 gallon under slung tank
Goldfish 9.5 front winch with NEW 9mm Dyneema synthetic rope
Goodwinch air operated free spool
Dual Winchmax wireless winch remote control
Front and rear air points for blowing up tyres etc
Detachable towbar with 50mm tow shackle and tow ball
IBS twin battery management system with link capacity
Roof rack
Britax front spot lights x 4
X-Lite front spot light x 4
Tinted rear and rear side windows
Raised fuel tank guard
Rear custom bumper including NAS lights and towing eyes
Front custom steel winch bumper
2.25” straight through exhaust
Extended differential breathers
Hankook Dynapro Mud terrain tyres x 5 (265x75 16)
Note:
Lil' Blue has "character" as such I don't think there is a straight body panel on her, I have added to the ones Chris and Tony made.
The front windscreen has a slight leak during sustained heavy rain. I have tried to re-seal it, but I think it needs to come off and be professionally done.

Tyres are currently on 80 series rims, these rims are NOT part of the sale and I will get the tyres fitted back onto the original Collie silver alloys.

I am looking for £4000 which I think is a realistic price considering all the mods/extras and that’s a firm price.

It is taxed so not SORN yet, has no MOT. To get through the MOT it needs the following doing:-

Fit window into the rear door – I have the glass.
Fit new lights into rear bumper and O/S rear cluster – I have all of these.
A patch needs welding in the O/S/R wheel arch.
Handbrake adjusting.
Exhaust is cracked on the engine side of the rear join - could be welded or let your custom imagination run wild.
I have a new brake master cylinder that needs fitting as I’m not confident with the current one.

Here's hoping someone who knows how to drive buys it this time.

Hope it sells Trev, hate to see Lil'Blue broken for parts.....

Good luck - hope it goes to a worthy home ...

Be a crying shame to see it broken , only a glance at the parts list had me pondering buying it and swapping parts with my truck then selling it on at a lower price to match spec but there's far too much on my to do list already and the Hummer taught me that lack of space dampens enthusiasm considerably .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
:lol:

Hope it sells Trev. As has been said, hope it stays "local". Would be a shame to see it go somewhere else.

Get it bought Crispin.

Good luck Trev. Great little truck for the right person. Shane,it would make a cheap buy if your needing a load of the bits then sell on what's not needed.

Karl you asking me? Is this an 80?

It's a swb 90 Iceman , you might wanna put some pics up Trev

I don't know how, but I think Lil' Blue should be adopted by the club as it's official mascot, be a shame to see it broken...

Great idea, liking that. I would love for it to stay in the club and continue to be used, it does have a pedigree after all. Yes Shayne they look like that but not quite as shiny.

Break it I say. None of you are worthy to own such a vehicle.

There I've said it.

Break it I say. None of you are worthy to own such a vehicle.

There I've said it.

Red rags and all that, now they'll want it all the more, or was that an ulterior motive of yours Chris. :think:

Personally I think it would be a shame to break it, that truck has character, with a capital K.

I have to agree Chas, the reality is its about a weeks work to get back on the road. But I have other more pressing jobs to do, get my GS ready to sell, my 120 ready to sell, Silver Phoenix needs the front axle stripping and most of all Mrs Trev needs to be kept happy. Im under orders to clear some space so it's got to go, in bits if necessary but really I want someone to give it new life again and see it at the next Lincomb.

Back