Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb general chat thread

Um Rodger has signed up already, Adrian ;)
An email was sent round on the ELCO mailing list too. I guess another could be sent.

I did send an email to all users as well as the old ELCO list. The ELCO list did not send it back to me but it did end up in the google groups list which is what was to replace it.

A refresher can be sent.

I've just got in from work. Did the thread go up and instantly vanish on the other site?

If it has not gone up yet I will give it a go.

Ian

off you go mate, let me know if it vanishes and i'll stick one on there too.

Ian Rubie said:
I've just got in from work. Did the thread go up and instantly vanish on the other site?

If it has not gone up yet I will give it a go.

Ian
I thought adrianr agreed to do it, sorry for the mixup, would rather someone else do it as im very busy at the moment.

Hi Rob

I can do it later, just pondering best route so message stay there and is not zapped.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can someone add to the thread on the other site along the lines of the post Chris put here?

Ian

I could just copy my original over? Nothing contentious in there.

Chris

A bit of a shame over 100 reads to that post on the other forum, but know uptake

I think most of the active members are over here and have signed up already!

Ian

Julian said:
A bit of a shame over 100 reads to that post on the other forum, but know uptake

Was thinking exactly the same thing......

Can anyone remember how many people \ vehicles were at the last event?

Ian

Julian said:

Didn't really think anyone would sign up. There is no "hype" about it on the forum. No discussions, no banter nor info, other than the "bland", factual posts by Chris et-al (no offence Chris - it's like an advertisement. ;) Not much you can do without actually having a running thread on it... Oh, like here? ;))

Without any chatter about it, both from the members point of view and the forum owner, there really is nothing to get excited about. A pitty really :( His minions, I mean, forum members are loosing out on a good weekend because of it... nice way to look after the people who make up your forum....

Rant over.

The above does not mean you should all migrate there :shock:

Julian said:
How important is it that we get to about 50 people?
Quite important from a cost perspective I think - the hog roast, for example, is a lump sum cost - the caterer doesn't charge just for the people that show up and then take his half-eaten pig home again :twisted:
Similarly, there are insurance costs plus the hassle for Tony in having a group of people on his land.

In terms of numbers at previous events, I imagine Julian V would have these as he was the co-ordinator of them :?:

Spot on. And no offence taken I assure you.

I had a long chat with Tony over costings. Tony would like to break even this time. Past events have cost him. Not only in terms of hard cash but also for cleaning up, rubbish skips, firewood collection, work in the woods de da de da. With the costings as they are, I did say to Tony that breaking even would be tight if we only got 30 people. He was reluctant to put it up which is very nice of him. Therefore, I think that the least that we can do (and are doing) is rally the troops and get them there so that Tony actually might make some money. Well why not. Even if people can only come on the day, play and go, it's still a ticket. I have paid more than this to drive around a quarry before, never mind camp and have a jolly old knees up.

We kept the costing simple so that we didn't have people saying 'Well I didn't have a starter and I brought my own bread' Which trust me does happen. Fixed fees. If you're coming - you pay.

It is a Landcruiser weekend but I would not be averse to Landcruiser owners with Landrovers coming if they had shiny mobiles and wanted to keep them that way - it's a suggestion not an offer. Obviously they would have to bring their own spare parts. Getting a full compliment would be quite an awesome sight and one in the eye for any other owners' forum. Nothing like a convoy of LCs to put fear into the heart of your enemies. :D

What about branded goods to actually sell at the meet? Stickers £1.00? Anything else that we can do? Put the money into the forum or donate to a charity - help for heroes? Stick a banner on the site.

OK out of my depth now. Going to go and weld something.

Chris

On the publicity point, does anybody have any contacts within any of the magazines?
It might help with trying to secure better club discounts with suppliers etc

Is this something that is either needed or wanted?

Back