Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ79 sticky brakes problem

malteser

Country Flag
malta
Hello guys :icon-smile:

Currently stuck on a problem with my front brakes.. thought you might give me some advice.

Basically after starting and driving for a couple of miles the pedal gets hard and both front brakes start to stick. If I keep on driving the problem gets even worse.. the wheels over-heat and the pads start to smoke. I leave it for an hour until the brakes cools down and everything is fine again.

Until now I've changed both front calipers, rotors, pads and flexible hoses. Have also readjusted booster / master cylinder rod. Problem still persists :icon-cry:

I've noticed there are two more flexible hoses... one just after the m/c and another one just before the copper tubes split in two. Planning on changing these next.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem ? Would you blame the master cylinder and/or booster ?

Thanks in advance :icon-biggrin:

David (Malta).

forgot to mention I've also flushed all brake fluid and bled the system...

I would change the other rubber hoses! They deteriorate inside and act like one way valves, not allowing fluid to return back as it should

Changed all flexible hoses; problem still persists.

Think its the master cylinder that at's fault. Anyone has ever experienced a similar problem ? Maybe its not letting the fluid to return into the reservior thus keeping pressure in the lines..

forgot to mention I've also flushed all brake fluid and bled the system...
Hi, did you ever solve the issue,my LJ79 do the exact same thing, only my master cylinder looks new.
I've done new pads, not calipers.
I've bleed the brakes.
But all the same symptoms.

Go hard and drag, and get worse as I drive..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi, did you ever solve the issue,my LJ79 do the exact same thing, only my master cylinder looks new.
I've done new pads, not calipers.
I've bleed the brakes.
But all the same symptoms.

Go hard and drag, and get worse as I drive..

Sorry for the very late reply, but yes the issue was the master cylinder. I put in a new one and problem solved.

Ah, maybe the pads… i am not sure but maybe the pads are ridding on the rotors, lie tight on there where it heats up while driving.

just a thought.

s.

Back