Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

"LOOK AT THIS"

In May 2007 I got an advisory for “play in front anti roll bar pin/bush. Couldn’t find any play when I got underneath for a look so left it. Following year a pass, no advisories. The test is a lottery.

Mine is going in for its annual test this morning. Should sail through; it's barely turned a wheel since the last one. Handbrake working, just need to check lights.

The MOT HQ should have printed a check list by now that the tester has to fill in so nothing is missed. Gone are the days their memory is good enough.
When I did building surveys my official body, the RICS, had no such list so I made one and printed a load off to fill in on a survey. Any new liability problem or structural idea was added to the list. I used to write the report out long hand at the property then it went straight to my typist.

Advisories from the previous inspection here are on the tablet that the inspector has in his hand, that way it gets checked a little closer at subsequent tests.

The real problem is 'play' and 'some corrosion', or 'wear' are all subjective terms, and by human nature vary depending on the individual tester.

This brings us back to a post I made recently, it was about testers coming out of MOT college with an inspectors certificate, they do have the power to pass or fail a vehicle with little or no experience in the real world.

Regards

Dave

The MOT HQ should have printed a check list by now that the tester has to fill in so nothing is missed. Gone are the days their memory is good enough.

There is a checklist (or was), and back then it did not have any reference to the windscreen wash/wipe system, but they were supposed to be testable!

Regards

Dave

For the past 3 mots i have had on me truck it has been put down as serious corrosion on the chassis but still got a pass now when i asked the mechanic how did it pass with serious corrosion on the chassis he told me the tester was an A hole so it seems some will pick every little niggle which i prefer as it gives me something to do and maybe makes me truck a little safer rather than a tester who just goes through the motions but what a lot do not realise is the mot says your truck was good for that day so 364 days later you have a prang but its still got an mot so its still insured and you are covered if your insurance co WANT to pay you out ah well the sun always shines ta steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back