Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for a light bar

iow_bob

Country Flag
north_korea
What's the best VFM light bar available ..

Want somthing for between the headlights on my prado .

I was thinking about 32 inch

Seen a few on ebay but would rather buy somthing that other people could recommend ..

Just be aware they are VERY BRIGHT!!!

My light bar is 17", and IMO verging on too bright for road use (I have it wired into the main beam) . I also have a set of lightforces, but they are just about redundant.

I have to say, despite mine only costing £25 ish off eBay I am very happy with it.
It's been fitted for 6 months, and is still watertight and in great condition.

They all come from China so 300 quid from supadupa 4x4 is likely to have been made in the same factory and shipped over in the same container as an ebay bargain .

What's the best VFM light bar available ..

Want somthing for between the headlights on my prado .

I was thinking about 32 inch

Seen a few on ebay but would rather buy somthing that other people could recommend ..
I bought a set of two, about 7inch each from a source in China to go between my headlights on my 1997 Prado. They are very bright and flood the area in front of the truck for quite a way but not long, long range. Have proved to be quite well made and waterproof to date.......

I'll have to get the tape measure out tomorrow and see what size will fit between the headlights without looking to stupid

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
IMO there's nothing in the above posts that doesn't ring true.

Particularly, they are bright and do produce a lot of light. However, they don't pretend to replace the long range beamed lighting that you might otherwise get from some expensive good quality spot lamps.

I have a 17" one under the roof rack and a 24" between the headlights. Never use them with any oncoming traffic, irrespective of distance, that really wouldn't be good practice and fully justified road rage may be the outcome.

Don't even use them if there's a vehicle ahead of you going in your direction, it would be very ditracting for them, and may cause the same justified reaction.

But on your own, in the dark, they are great. You get a big pool of light in front of you, so for offroad or lonely late night driving, they are worth their weight.

Back