Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco 2014

iceman

Country Flag
south_africa
DSC03161.JPG

Hey Gents more to follow have a look at my video footage - http://youtu.be/j0od3LNYl9w

DSC_0152.JPG

DSC_0157.JPG
DSC_0161.JPG
DSC_0174.JPG
DSC_0184.JPG
DSC_0195.JPG
DSC_0278.JPG

DSC03175.JPG

DSC_0291.JPG
DSC_0305.JPG
DSC_0312.JPG
DSC_0321.JPG
20141224_110621.jpg
Erg Chebbi
DSC_0341.JPG
DSC_0347.JPG
DSC_0350.JPG

DSC_0368.JPG

Christmas day lunch stop
DSC_0385.JPG
DSC_0391.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0283.JPG
    DSC_0283.JPG
    666.6 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC_0407.JPG
    DSC_0407.JPG
    641.1 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
makes me want to get back asap I miss snow on the atlas with my October trips

What routes did you take?

Hi Mark

We did Tanger Med to Chefchaouen and from there to Fez. We spent a few days in Fez then directly north to Errachidia, then off-road from Erfoud toward Erg Chebbi. We spent a few days at the Erg and did day trips in and around the dunes. We then did a full day trip off road from Merzouga to Zagora, which was fantastic. It was toward the coast via Taroudant and Agadir then north toward Essaouira and a great little spot with fresh oysters (dont recall the name think it was Oualidia). We then stayed on the coastal road until El Jadida. Next time its going to be straight down the atlantic route as far as I can go
[h=1][/h]

pretty much a reverse circuit of my routes :D I tend to go to Essaouira before heading off road a back up through Midelt north

Merzuga to Zagora in a day? that's going some both times I've done it was a day and a half but was taking in the surroundings

It was a long day and the wife was a little worried as we didn't want to camp, the overnight temperatures where a bit low.

But it was well worth it and next time we'll have a rooftent. I'd also want to go via Tata off-road on the way to the coast!

Mark have you been down the Atlantic route yet, and if so how much off-road routes?

Camping in the desert is amazing, no roof tent for me I sleep in the back but then I was on my own last time

Been down the atlantic side all the way to Boujdour, I want to get to Dhakla next time I do the Western Sahara but its a long way to squeeze in.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice pictures... now we just need the full trip report:whistle:

Love the photo of the castle !

Olazz I'll leave the full written reports to Mark he's really good at it

I would like to drive with a second vehicle next time as I would like to try some of the harder off road routes

Cheers, although I rarely actually finish a full report

maybe we should do the next trip together that way i can take the pic's and you can do the write-up:eusa-whistle:

October? looks like my next trip will be around then this year I'm always looking for some company. Not planning going back to the Western Sahara but looking at trying a full off road drive from the coast to Erg Chebbi. I reckon I can get around 5 straight days off road but close enough to towns that water and fuel supplies isn't a worry. Everythings a little uncertain at the mo as I plan to have a new job in the next few months.

Do you have any track logs of your route?

No track logs but we used Chris Scott's latest handbook. I'm really keen to plot routes etc but I'm really just catching up as I've not focused on off-road sat navigation.

Sounds like we need to chat off line

I'm off in 2 weeks.......... Ferry booked 25/2/15 Portsmouth-Santander, 28/2/15 cross over to Morocco

Me too. Was very tempted to join that trip but work has reared its ugly head that weekend and the next. Pity there's only one of those this year (I think) - drop the hint, will you?? ;)

This trip is to the Western Sahara, then late March / beginning of April Paul has a trip to Morocco.

Back