Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Movie storage on hard drive

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
When i travel i take hundreds of music albums ripped to mp3 and stored.

Can i do the same with movies as don't want to carry all those discs with me. Laptop has hdmi cable so could watch them on laptop or connect to tv.

If you dont mind taking some time convert them to mp4 or avi files.

If tv has usb socket copy the movie (avi or mp4) to usb stick and play it on tv that way

I no longer have any DVD's. I now have a 2TB server up in the loft, sat on my home network. I have a Small PC in the living room hooked up to my sony 50", a Network media player hooked up to the 48 in the conservatory and another one on a 36 in the bedroom. I can watch any of the 900 films/TV Series etc on the network at each of these locations and then anywhere in the world with internet connection through my laptop or galaxt tab.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How did you get them on to the hard drive? Were they originally on dvd?

Most were yes, Others were a little more naughty. I must admit that after converting DVD's to Avi using Divx converter, I found it quicker and easier to use torrent downloads. I figure I own the DVD and as long as I dont sell it on then Why shouldn't I. Sorry If you do not agree with this opinion and If this post is inappropriate please feel free to remove it

I'll look into it as well, whatever works is fine by me especially considering where i'm going.

Thanks for the advice :thumbup:

Back