• Yes, keep its racing heritage

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No, it now a motor caravan

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Too boy racer pretentious nonsense

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How can you say Bloody Lovley without swearing keep it going Olazz looking damm good

Where do you store that ladder when you are travelling? I'd have come up with something a bit more technical myself. Not easy going up and down that holding a Campari and soda.

Oh ye of little faith. At the touch of a button it auto folds into a pocket-sized Altoids tin !!

Gr8 Olazz. You are really doing a thorough job. It's fantastic to watch your progress. Admiration all the way. Nothing half baked here, afaics (new abbrvtn).

Thanks uHu. Not sure I'd tackle something like this again in a hurry though!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's just lazy. Oh go on then ..

Its probably to late to suggest it but i wonder if a vinyl wrap company could give you a finish based on this or similar .

s-l1600.jpg

Never too late Shayne...

Goes off for paint early next week !

fullsizeoutput_21e.jpeg

A quick question, I'm thinking of getting some cab bits "flocked".

Has anyone done this or have any experience of this stuff? Not too sure I want the "velour" look, but I may be wrong and it is nothing like Velour.

Any tips/pointers my learned friends??

Great update, coming together nicely.

Ref flocking it doesn't look velour and if done well its hard wearing.
Cuts glare especially from the top of a dash against the glass.
Going back a few years my dash was done on my track car.

Fantastic build. Can I be picky? Shame the door window (top and bottom) doesn't line up with the main windows... I think this would help with tying in the overall look of the side profile. But that is just being picky, the overall build is looking great.

Pick away Dave, pick away.
There were 2 major reasons for this.

1) There was little we could do about that as the door window is a fixed size. It was impossible to align the windows to the door as they are different sizes. We could have lined the bottom or the top, but that would have meant moving door higher ( couldn't reach the handle) or lower, creating an unacceptable drop line in the body for the door.

2) It is set so I can stand upright in the box and see out of the door window without stooping, but I can also sit on the sofa and see out of the the door window. It took a lot of planning and thought to achieve the perfect setup, which is why the door was fitted so late in the build.

I am very happy with the end result as it also breaks up the linear "train-carriage window" profile of the box.

It's these little things(and there been many of them) that have taken so long to get right with this build. I'm sure we will find things that we should have done and haven't thought about or have got horribly wrong... time will tell.

Gorgeous, just needs something to set it off. Something pretty maybe, I'm thinking perhaps something belt-fed?

I do wonder genuinely though if there's a way to put what I'd call an 'accent' on there somehow. Colours work well in threes. You've grey and black so there should be a hint of something else. I dunno it's a law of colours I think. There should be something in between two colours. Not white. Not blue or yellow. Red perhaps, not purple. Orange might be a nod to K2.

That's just as it came out of the paint shop CJ. Lots more has been added to the outside and I do have a few colour accents planned... funnily enough in both White and Blue!

Red and Orange are not my favourite colours, so you won't find them on the truck, other than lights and indicators.

Lots of depth in that paint work - congrats to painter !

Now that's an exhaust !!
IMG_20190419_1645128.jpg

IMG_20190419_1644050.jpg
IMG_20190419_1641155.jpg
IMG_20190419_1640571.jpg

New 5" bespoke SS exhaust system. Truck sounds much better with less turbo whistle and no drone at cruise.
Much more suitable for a motorhome than the raucous race exhaust.

Back