• Yes, keep its racing heritage

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No, it now a motor caravan

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Too boy racer pretentious nonsense

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey - what's the latest - realised hadn't heard any updates for a while. All going okay?!?!

Build has hit major snag. Will report further soon.

Hello Olazz understand for legal reasons you wont be able to talk about your truck build and faults but hope everything goes well for you

Fingers crossed for you. I've been watching this fantastic build soar and I hope you will be able to land it well, in the end.
You have to tell us in the group what to do to help, where to show up and when.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
OMG they've not gone and sprayed it in that hideous gold colour have they?

Just read your July update on blog,
Not sounding good..

Hell, sorry to hear that - having had experience of being let down by people you trust, I can only sympathise. Hope it all gets sorted to your satisfaction in the long run.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

A bit battered and sore financially, however I'm nothing if not determined. It will come right in the end and I will have the last laugh.

Reactions: uHu
Phew, so they didn't spray it gold then. I mean that would have been a disaster.

Akshally.....now it's in the state it is, it might just be a good time to make it "Sahara Gold"

Couldn't be any worse could it?

The Phoenix has risen from the ashes!!!

Dakar truck build take 2, new body !

More to come soon...

IMG-20190807-WA0003.jpg

IMG_1596.JPG

Last edited:
2nd times a charm. Glad you're all resolved and moving forward again. Looking forward to more photos and progress updates

Olazz happy to see you back and on the tracks if not too early to ask what sort of build time are you looking at the bottle of 10 year scotch is now a year older

Yep major redevelopment and rebuild on the truck was required. Work has leapt forward in the last week as the box is now together with windows in and the major fabrication has been done. New floor goes in on Tuesday next week and then the furniture and fittings can be started.

Got a unique and clever bike/spare tyre, storage/retrieval system being installed.

Build completion is estimated mid-October.

That will be exactly 2 years since I bought the truck, and 4 years since I started the planning.

SJB... hold that Scotch !

Excellent. Are you now with a new builder or did you resolve the original issues?

New company doing truck; had to start build again. Still in process of legals with that last "shower"!
As I see it, I've only got 19 summers left until I'm too old to travel this way, so I pressed on with new build.

Paradoxically, there has been an upside to all of this, in that it's given me the opportunity to do a"second-build" as it were and rectify some of the mistakes I'd made in the original design and planning. It still won't be prefect, but it is magnitudes better than the first build.

Back