53.8%
  3. Too boy racer pretentious nonsense

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Paddler Ed

Paddler Ed Well-Known Member I am in australia

Garage:
    Map
    Our local brewery worked out how much more beer they could ship if they used cans instead of bottles - the weight saving over a pallet was quite considerable, and also packed smaller.

On a similar vein, wine in a box and goon sack is lighter than the glass bottles to carry the same amount...

2. Chris

Chris Super Moderator Supporter I am in europe

Garage:
    Map
    Not sure that you can get Chateau Nuits San Wogga Wogga in boxes.

clivehorridge and StarCruiser like this.
  3. Dave_S

Dave_S Well-Known Member

Map
    Jeez, Lazz - just read your site updates - what an absolute nightmare. Glad you are getting things back on track now.

4. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in uk

Garage:
    Map
    Cuvée Reservé

:)

5. clivehorridge

clivehorridge Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in romania

Garage:
    Map
    Whilst the mock up in the vid appears to be sound engineering, was a ram operated pivoting lift/securing cradle considered Lazz?
    It would do away with the need for those heavy vertical control stanchions and thus a fair chunk of the additional weight, and reduce the action to one rotating function instead of the two separate (vertical & horizontal) functions proposed. Radial forces are often much easier to deal with lighter gauge components than those necessary to deal with the combined leverage forces created during separate vertical & horizontal movements.
    Please don’t take this the wrong way, the whole project is stunning, just trying to offer a constructive thought process.

6. Olazz

Olazz Well-Known Member Supporter I am in zimbabwe

Map
    Clive, I'm no snowflake boet, I welcome any input.
    The 5 issues to had to solve:

To limit rear overhang on box.
    How to get motorbike in/out the garage. (150kg)
    How to get spare tyres on/off rear door.(100kg each)
    How to lift garage door with weight of tyres. (300kg)
    How to seal the rear door from dust.

I didn't want the bike and tyres stored on a platform outside on a chassis-mounted hydraulic lift.(overhang)
    So a slide out drop down as per video, addresses all of these. The weight of a ram, pivoting hydraulic lift, is circa 500kg and doesn't solve the issues above.

The total weight of the current design including all the hydraulics and rams is ~600kg. So very little in the overall weight, compared to the pivot chassis system. The problem is not the mechanism, as any mechanism would have added 500+kg. It was the decision to carry a motorbike on the truck. That one decision has created an extra 750kg payload.

I don't have a problem with weight limit, as the truck's GVM is 18,000kg. All up, I'm now close to 11.5t.

If you've got a design that can accomplish all that then I'd be delighted to hear.

clivehorridge likes this.
  7. Dave_S

Dave_S Well-Known Member

Map
    I see K2 have gone into liquidation...

8. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in uk

Garage:
    Map
    Doesn’t surprise me given the catalogue of errors and incompetence in this build. Really sorry to read this Lazz but pleased you’ve now moved on and clearly found someone capable of completing the build. It is unfortunate that there are people that purport to be experts in their field that clearly make a hash of things by operating way outside their capabilities.

May your troubles be over.

Heaumey and clivehorridge like this.
  9. Olazz

Olazz Well-Known Member Supporter I am in zimbabwe

Map
    As it's in the public domain... Yep they have as a result of my legal action. I had little choice in order to recover money from them.

clivehorridge likes this.
  10. Dave_S

Dave_S Well-Known Member

Map
    Fair enough, Lazz. Good luck with the rest of the build. Look forward to seeing the finished product! :)

11. clivehorridge

clivehorridge Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in romania

Garage:
    Map
    Erm, no.... in short :lol:
    My idea would have only got the bike into the truck and supported it during transit.

Sorry for all the bother you’ve had Lazz, clearly you’re getting there :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter