Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Too boy racer pretentious nonsense

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is awesome.

What does the truck drive like? Fast??

Max speed is 200+ kph!!
It's dreadful to drive without a body on the back, as the 11t springs bounce the rear end all over the place.
Whats far more impressive and fun however, is the massive torque.
The 50" XZL's also make a lot of noise and aren't really suited to tarmac driving.

Will be interesting to see what a 4t fully loaded box on the rear will feel like.

Will be interesting to see what a 4t fully loaded box on the rear will feel like.
If you wanted to find out before the box is built for test purposes, 4 x IBCs filled with water and well strapped down would be a fairly easy way to find out. Just make sure you point their discharge valves outwards before filling. :)

I'm starting to see more and more trucks with sundowner decks @Olazz . So far the best idea i've seen is a platform that folds up to the back of the truck for travelling and hinges down with legs that fall out creating a raised decking area the size of the back of the truck. It could also work on the side i guess if the back is taken up with tyres/ motorcycle etc.

I can't remember where I saw the photo but could have a search if its of interested. Might have been on instagram.

Anyway just thought i'd mention it as it might be worth thinking about incorporating if you're interested. Nice place for a G&T as the sun sets.

Nick, indeed we will be incorporating a pull out sun deck on the side of the truck, so we can step out of the door, straight onto the deck. its a simple slide out design that doesn't add too much weight.

I'm trying very hard to keep the all up weight to circa 10t so lots of the "nice to have" things will be added once the box is on and Ive got a spec weight.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So managed to get up to the truck today to take it to the weigh-bridge.

Front 4360kg
Rear 2440kg
All 6860kg

This is with the extension to the chassis and the subframe. It's looking good for comming in at 10t all up wet !!

Chassis twist for spring measurement

44320272895_d28cc75390_k.jpg

30291488577_8902a689cc_k.jpg

New design air intake, now fitted and working. Very pleased with the results of this as it was a real engineering headache to solve, without compromising the build of the box.

44320251675_24e9a7032a_k.jpg

45180686062_f0629ad77d_k.jpg

The clam before the storm.....

The frame goes off to galvanising Monday.
The pre cut body panels due for delivery 22/10.
All electronics delivery 29/10
All doors, windows & hatches delivery 6/11.

So hopefully by end of year I should have something that resembles an expedition truck!

Before I zoomed in I thought it was a for sale sign in the window....

Well done with the build it's certainly and impressive truck you are going to have

Looking good.

Where do you stand on the registration/reclassification as a motor caravan thing?

Before I zoomed in I thought it was a for sale sign in the window....

Well done with the build it's certainly and impressive truck you are going to have

Nope not for sale just yet Stu... but I have kept the cruiser, just in case we don't like this mode of travelling though... so you never know.

nice little christmas present for you then Olazz
A little?? A huge Xmas present me thinks !!

Looking good.

Where do you stand on the registration/reclassification as a motor caravan thing?

Not addressed that issue just yet Dave, but it should be no-contest really. Steve's FOI letter to the DVLA will open a can of worms, so let's hope it won't be an issue when I apply.

Aye - I'm watching the DVLA developments with interest. Its a slightly different regime over here, but they often follow the DVLA's lead. At least the FOI request should get some clarity (well, you would hope at least!!!).

Olazz that was nasty how long before we get the reveal with an ice or smoke machine

I was hoping to have the truck done by December , but it's now looking more like March.

Get it done before 29th and you can escape the madness in it!

Back