Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My Posts

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
Any chance we can have a My Posts button added to the menu please?

I mentioned it last month but didn't get a response...

That's a great idea.
How about it go's right next to "My Threads" button?

Gra

....How about it go's right next to "My Threads" button?
Nooooooo.... it's getting too cluttered up there.

A newbie arriving at this site would be excused for getting a little confused. We now have buttons for ‘New Posts’, ‘Today’s Posts’, ‘Unread Posts’, ‘What’s New?’, and another ‘Unread Posts’ plus another ‘Today’s Posts’ under the Quick Links. There is also one there that unregistered users see that says ‘My Threads’, allowing an unregistered user access to this last button isn’t a good idea :shock:

A drop down with the following off the 'Forum' button would tidy it up :thumbup:
Since Last Visit
Last Day
Last 2 Days
My Posts
My Threads

Last edited:
We had that on the previous site and I found it very useful, so yes I would like to see its return. :thumbup:

I'm with Gra on this. There is a button for that. It's called 'My Threads' If you aren't logged in, you get no search results. If you are, you get all the threads that you personally started. If you have only started 3 posts, all you get in the results is 3 posts.

Do you mean show me all the threads that I have contributed to? I guess that would be the difference between my threads and my posts.

Maybe I see different things to you. It is entirely possible.

Yes that is what I mean, be able to see all posts I have made in all threads.

It would be pretty boring if we all saw things in the same way. :think:

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Any chance we can have a My Posts button added to the menu please?

I mentioned it last month but didn't get a response...
We already have this.
Click on your username in a post, get a pop-up menu, click "Forum Posts".
If you click Profile instead, you can see started threads and other activity.
And you can do the same for everyone else as well...

We actually don't already have this, what is being asked for is a single 'My posts' button not a multiple choice of buttons. Keep it simple.

There is a button for that. It's called 'My Threads' If you aren't logged in, you get no search results. If you are, you get all the threads that you personally started.

Do you mean show me all the threads that I have contributed to?
The 'My Threads' button shouldn't be there for none logged in members as it serves no purpose.

Two different buttons, one for all the threads started, and one for all posts made, see post 3 above for what I mean.... I have used Graham's user ID in the examples.

We already have this.
Click on your username in a post, get a pop-up menu, click "Forum Posts".
If you click Profile instead, you can see started threads and other activity.
And you can do the same for everyone else as well...
Not exactly intuitive though is it.... surely my easily implemented request is more user friendly and would tidy the top menu up?

Is there anyone other than Crispin who can do this? I'm guessing he's busy with other things.

With you now Paul. I do wonder how necessary that is though. I guess you might want to go back miles and find something that you said ages ago. You'd still have to remember the title or something as you'd be faced with hundreds of posts to have to scroll through. I use my threads, today's posts and new posts that most. And search of course.

Sorry not something I have the powers to do. I can just moderate what people have typed not change forum format.

I agree with Paul and Chas and its certainly something I'd like to see! :thumbup:

I hate how if I don't log on for a few days/a week I miss loads and loads of threads! On the old forum this didn't happen.

Say I comment/reply on a thread and then a few days later come back on the forum I sometimes struggle to find the thread(s). :thumbdown:

Yes that is what I mean, be able to see all posts I have made in all threads.

It would be pretty boring if we all saw things in the same way. :think:
Just like Chas says, I would like to see a button, that brings up all my posts, not just the one's I started.
I know I can see the posts that I started, but some times it's very difficult to find the posts that I have made in reply to some one elses thread.

Maybe a ""SUB BUTTON"" "bring back my posts within 1 week", or "bring back my posts within 1 month" ?
Gra

Last edited:
Well you won't miss loads and loads of new threads Ben, because you just click 'new posts' and that brings them all up.
This brings up :

Any new subjects started
All current threads that have already been started and people have contributed since you last logged on

If you are away for a very long time then that list does get cut but you can adjust that. But if it's a lively thread then it will still be in the current stuff. If it isn't then perhaps it wasn't a very good thread. The 'find my posts' I think is more use for finding something than it is for keeping up

Maybe a ""SUB BUTTON"" "bring back my posts within 1 week", or "bring back my posts within 1 month" ?
Gra
If it was done as in post 3 above, that would bring up the last 500 posts made by each user :thumbup:

.... Sorry not something I have the powers to do....
Surely there must be someone else in Crispin's absence?

may be being a bit thick here or not understanding what you guys are looking for but if you click your name at the top of the page it brings up all your posts. If you then click subscriptions it bring up a list of all the threads you have posted in at some point.

may be being a bit thick here or not understanding what you guys are looking for....
Erm.... well, I was just asking if we can have a My Posts button added to the menu.... not sure how else to say it to make it simpler.

I press "Settings" and presume I get a list of all threads I've subscribed to...

Am I wrong?

PS just noticed it's subscribed threads with new posts added...

Last edited:
Back