Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My Walkaround video

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Apologies for the poor quality guys, but I'd forgotten to change camera settings and as I shot this on the last day, I didn't have time to reshoot the video before leaving.

http://vimeo.com/117199005

Last edited:
Says page not available 'Lazz... Has the dog had it

Works fine for me... Fantastic!

Great walkround Lazz, quality is fine but got terrible buffering for some reason and I am on BT Infinity. Found if I paused it, it would buffer up a bit so I could watch more than 3 seconds.

Love the thinking that's gone into the new bits. Been thinking about the gas strut on the carrier myself. Drawer set up looks fab. Deeper drawers make a lot of sense. I'd like a really shallow drawer too actually for really flat stuff. 1 80 simply isn't big enough. I'm going to have to take both with me I think. You need some magnetic strips mate. Changed my life ha ha.

Freezer, now don't shoot me, but if you need to keep something at -20 just how long are you planning to be away? Most stuff at say -5 or so keeps for weeks. -20 is like cryogenics for fish fingers. Does it need to be that cold? Slide out table is the total Mutt's. i know just how liberating that one I had from you is. I can slide the drawers out without knocking everything off. I got some new hinges for the leg which really steadied it up. I used heating pipe clips.

Oh the stack drawer system makes COMPLETE sense. I can live with side by side, it's just a question of thinking ahead, but with you there buddy. You must have been scribbling notes like a mad thing whilst on your trips.

Horns? Holy Cow. I'd link those to the alarm. If it gets broken into just look for people with blood coming out of their ears. Should be easy.

Were the front windows tinted? Obviously not allowed here in the UK but how does that affect night driving and junctions etc.

Hey I thought you were going to have your arches sprayed. No?

CJ

What I get

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421786431561.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1421786431561.png
    187.4 KB · Views: 210
Vid worked seamlessly for me Lazz, what a set-up, you've really cracked it this time.

Take care and enjoy... :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
For those that it's working for - are you viewing on pc / Mac or via Tapatalk? And do you have a vimeo id?

Mac and no idea what a Vimto id is.

Nope, just plain old Widows 7 Business on a DELL Latitude LT. No passwords, straight in.

I think I was about 17 last time I drank a Vimto Chris :lol:

Ok so both not using tapatalk which must be the problem.

Vid worked fine for me (using the phone )

Truly awesome set up :icon-cool:

Just tried it on Tappytoe on the ipad and it worked flawlessly. Better than on the Mac

Vid works on phone but not tablet, both android, although tablet is a lot older.

Nice setup Lazz, liked it first time but its super now. Bet you cant wait to get back in the driving seat to explore further.

Oh and those air horns, so worth the effort

I got the "not available" vimto screen on tippytap on the iPhone, but when I pressed the play arrow the vid worked fine.

Great walkround Lazz, quality is fine but got terrible buffering for some reason and I am on BT Infinity. Found if I paused it, it would buffer up a bit so I could watch more than 3 seconds.

I've re loaded the video and managed to embed it rather that link it, so that should be better.

Love the thinking that's gone into the new bits. Been thinking about the gas strut on the carrier myself. Drawer set up looks fab. Deeper drawers make a lot of sense. I'd like a really shallow drawer too actually for really flat stuff. 1 80 simply isn't big enough. I'm going to have to take both with me I think. You need some magnetic strips mate. Changed my life ha ha.

Yep magnetic strips will be on next trip... particularly in the engine bay; sound idea of yours!

Freezer, now don't shoot me, but if you need to keep something at -20 just how long are you planning to be away? Most stuff at say -5 or so keeps for weeks. -20 is like cryogenics for fish fingers. Does it need to be that cold? Slide out table is the total Mutt's. i know just how liberating that one I had from you is. I can slide the drawers out without knocking everything off. I got some new hinges for the leg which really steadied it up. I used heating pipe clips.

Ice cream melts at more than -18º. Jo loves Ice cream, so -20º it is. A small price to pay to keep my lady happy and camping in the bush!

Oh the stack drawer system makes COMPLETE sense. I can live with side by side, it's just a question of thinking ahead, but with you there buddy. You must have been scribbling notes like a mad thing whilst on your trips.

This time built the storage around our needs and the truck space, rather than building the truck around the drawers as we originally did. Thought long and hard about real-world everyday usage.

Horns? Holy Cow. I'd link those to the alarm. If it gets broken into just look for people with blood coming out of their ears. Should be easy

We had a lot of fun with the Horns. From customs officials, Police, to the locals, they all wanted to hear the horns... and those of you from Africa will understand the merriment and laughter they caused! At one road block in Zim, we had a policeman do his "roadworthiness" check and standing right in front of truck said, "your hooter". He jumped three feet into the air and ran 20 yards, and his half-dozen colleagues fell on the floor in hysterics!

They were the ONLY thing that made Donkeys and Cows move out of the road!

Were the front windows tinted? Obviously not allowed here in the UK but how does that affect night driving and junctions etc.

Yes all windows tinted. Had it done in Spain actually one one of our European shake-down trips. Never a problem with Plod here, and I was stopped several times in the UK. Night driving is no problem

Hey I thought you were going to have your arches sprayed. No

No didn't want to steal your thunder 'ol boy.

CJ
replies

A lovely set up, thanks for sharing. Video worked fine for me on the iPad. A well set up truck just makes the trip that much more pleasurable, sometimes it's the little things that please you the most.

Happy travels.

Really like the set up in the back. I have had a similar idea but want to make modular so I can take out drawers as I need them as we take our dog most pla es. Who do you use for shipping and a rough cost would be great.
Cheers stu

Fantastic setup, works ok......ish for me, a little buffering but straight in, using mobile dongle, Panasonic CF 19 Toughbook, WIN 7 Ultimate.

regards

Dave

Great setup Lazz. Looking forward to your trip reports.

Back