Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My watch

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
For years I bought cheap watch after watch, but originally working in the building industry and then in the theatre they got abused by hammering and that sort of thing and failed regularly :thumbdown:
I always lusted after either a Rolex or a Tag Heuer but could never afford one :( then when I retired I bought this one from my retirement fund.
An automatic Tag Heuer Calibre 36 chronometer/chronograph. New it was £3995 :shock: It gets worn 24/7 no matter what I'm doing. The Tag agents I bought it from say these watches should be serviced every 2/3 years but at £300 a time I haven't bothered yet.
It's great, I don't have to wind it or by batteries, it just keeps going, I don't know what they make the glass from :confusion-confused: but it's never got scratched and it has been bashed a few times. Apart from my Landcruiser it's my most valued possession.

Tag.jpg

Very nice, I do like them but could never afford one. My wift got me a Rotary one for my birthday, I only where it when I am not working, as I tend to smash them at work.

Yours makes mine look like good value Chas :lol:

Well here's a photo of mine bought from Goldsmiths for my 40th Birthday for the bargain basement amount of £750.00 :D

Actually there's more of story to it than that as it cost only £2 in hard cash, that's all that was handed over in exchange for it! The rest was made up of £187.00 worth of Tesco vouchers that Goldsmiths use to quadruple up, I think now that they only triple the face value of your Tesco vouchers :(

The interesting thing is that I had up to £1000 to spend & was looking at one of the cheapest Omegas (a name that I've always aspired to) but it just didn't suit me & the TAG was just the ticket :D

As you Chas I've worn it almost every day since I've owned it :D

P9110363.jpg

I also have a more dressy thinner Tissot that I wear for special occasions, but the TAG is my baby :D

Go to the Goldsmiths web site if your into watches, it's so addictive as you can tick, compare & zoom in :drool: :lol:

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/categories/ ... es/for-him

That was a bargain, I used to work with an ex navy chap who told me a story about a fellow submariner matelot who bought a Rolex and to test it's waterproofing asked his captain if he could attach it to the outside of the conning tower when they next dived, and guess what It still worked :cool:

I went for the Omega Seamaster Chrono Professional.
When i flew out of Iraq via Dubai i took my hazardous pay bonus (just been supporting the USMC during the Fallujah attack) and blew the lot, i wear it always (including diving) and it keeps on going. Needs a service but they want 16 weeks to do it.

Omega_Men4.jpg

Mine's a nice Breitlng B1, bought in 2001 for £1500! Sorry no pic as my camera's CCD has died and it's beyond economic repair. As Cossack says the glass is virtually unscratchable (ruby crystal stuff. Amazingly hard).

Other than in bed I never take it off unless it's going to hurt me, hurt someone else (e.g. wife in bed :lol: ) or get damaged.

Glad I bought it. Couldn't afford it now!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Guys, they are all lovely watches, but I hate to tell you that they are all telling different times and none of them are right! It's 18.54!

Chris :roll:

Nuclear Chicken said:
Mine's a nice Breitlng B1!
I really hate to admit it, but about 30 years ago I had a Breitling Navitimer, can't remember how I acquired it, and not knowing how much it was worth gave it away to a friend :doh:

Jon Wildsmith said:
bet they're not as accurate as my casio :lol:

Actually, I've a few Casios as well and, considering the price difference and this bullsh!t about servicing, you're not far wrong. :thumbup:

Still like my Breitling though!. Use the Casio when out on the bike as the heavy B1 hurts like hell when jiggling around. :thumbdown: :lol:

Back