Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need your advice

Darrell

I need help to make some decisions.
I am currently three hours away from my very rural home nursing a petrol/LPG 80 series that has turned very very poorly.
The chap who looked at it said it needed a new engine.
So what shall I do? I also have a diesel imported 80 series in the garage waiting for me to source a replacement door, wing , bumper and related trims.
Do I?
Leave my car here in a town with mechanics, buy another car to get home and wait for an affordable engine to rear its head and get it sent to the garage to be fitted?
Just try and sell it for what I can get for it here?
Get it sent to the garage where my other car is, cannibalise the parts and then try and sell the petrol one bit by bit on eBay , which is quite hard to do in remote Scotlland .
I am covered for the recovery to anywhere in the UK.
Its a real shame because I love that car.
What do you reckon, it's all about prices I guess.
The diesel has 160,000 km on and the knackered one has 200,000 miles.
Neither are better than fair condition

Hi mate I have sent a pm. If you need to chat ill pm my number cheers

Personally, I'd firstly find out if the bloke who says it needs a new engine has any clue what he's talking about. It's a great easy fallback for a mechanic -'Needs a new engine mate' when what they mean is, I'm not really sure what's wrong with it, but it's not my money so I can say anything really.

I'd fix the other 80 anyway with parts that are pretty easy to source.

I'd second what Chris said, if he didn't tell you WHY it needs a new engine he really hasn't a clue and I'd use my free recovery to bring it to someone who HAS a clue!

Back