Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nevermind the DIY forum... Bumpy render question

spackrackman

Hi all,
I have a small render issue on a house I own, I need to get it repaired so I can sell the thing. The local builder said he would fix it but now I find he is on a three week holiday!! so...

how do i repair this... how do I get the texture?
PLEASEEEE........

I will pay/buy anything that is needed just to get rid of this (desperate man from weeks of decorating)
House is in Wymeswold LE12 6TZ just in case there is a bumpy rendering land cruiser owner living by with a free day ahead of him!

IMG_2199.jpg

Cheers

I think that stuff is "flicked" on with a machine.

How about a nice wooden plinth with the house name or a stand for a plant pot?

a machine, flicked on!!! oh my god that typical, well I am going to have to be the machine..... so now I need the stuff to throw at my wall!

we had whole gable end of house re-harled this spring.
they did it by hand - throwing on with trowel mix of gravel onto fresh cement on the side of house.

AndyCook said:
throwing on with trowel mix of gravel onto fresh cement on the side of house.

I would just do that, pebble dash by hand and paint over it with a couple of thick layers. I often have to do small repairs like that in my job.

Jim

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
spackrackman said:
Just normal cement mixed with pebbles? Sounds like a good plan to me

id have said you will need a bit of sand in it aswell m8 else it will crack. :thumbup:

isnt Carl a builder and doesnt he only live up the road? :whistle:

Sand.. check
Lime..? I was thinking maybe it should b breathable but seeing that its painted afterwards I guess it does not matter. I do not even know what the walls are made of, possible brick, possible mud! its a few hundred years old.

all I need now is a sand/cement ratio.

let me check

mix cement/sand
mix in pebbles.

spead on house

hope it does not fall off
when dry paint

Seems like a plan

Ben, I found it a little funny he didnt just ring and ask my advice :think:

Think he hates me :(

karl webster said:
Ben, I found it a little funny he didnt just ring and ask my advice :think:

Think he hates me :(
and I never replied to your text! I have been decorating from 8 am till 9pm all week and even though its close to Loughborough and Notts the place has no signal at all! Cut off from the world.

Lets have a HUG

To be honest I never thought. Karl - will come and find you FRiday unless your building all day

ID love my work hours to be 8am untill 9pm i be able to then have a rest ;)

See you friday :thumbup:

Back