Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new foxwing side panels

will look forward to those going on sale in the UK.

Jon

When you ready count me in and maybe we can get a better deal on a bulk purchase. I would want 4 andam sure there would be others on here that would be keen.

thought you might be interested Jon :)

but I understand there is a "new" foxwing model, but cant find anything about the difference between our one and the "new" one, so would hope the new side panel is compatible.
i was very glad i bought my two side panels earlier in the year, an essential addition to the awning

glad I didn't get too carried away and only got 1 panel to be going on with this time :lol:

Looks interesting - but I'm confused:

"You can join a maximum of 4 to each side of the Foxwing and have them open, or zipped together to create an enclosure."

I thought you could only do 4 in total - i.e. one per roof panel? Is there a new zip system being used then?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I expect they've just got the wording wrong and they mean 4 in total for the whole awning i.e. 1 per roof panel.

as i understand it - for these new panels have zips along the top as ours, and now also a zip on each side of the panel, to allow you to join several panels together to make a continuous panel

That's what it looked like to me Andy and is what makes most sense ...

Got it - so we could join 2 panels together to make a roof between two foxwings. Great idea!

Is the Foxwing stuff really good enough to justify the price tag? $180 AUD x 4 seems like quite an investment in some panels with zips on them?!

Got it - so we could join 2 panels together to make a roof between two foxwings. Great idea!
Don't think so, or at least I don't think that's the intended use, but you could put 2 of the new panels on your FoxWing as wind / rain blockers and zip them together in the middle so there's no gaps as there would be with the old panels.

Is the Foxwing stuff really good enough to justify the price tag? $180 AUD x 4 seems like quite an investment in some panels with zips on them?!
As with most things it depends how much you value what the product provides. If we were family camping in adverse conditions then being able to enclose the area properly would be well worth it and give a huge sheltered living space to use instead of sitting in the truck or the bottom of the RT... If you usually travel in a group then you could just buy 1 or 2 panels each and share them ...

@Jon that sounds like a resounding yes then.

They look neat :icon-cool: Have these landed in the UK yet? Anyone have it confirmed that they will fit our foxwings?

I had some panels made for my Foxwing. They have a zip on three sides and are made from sail cloth so tough as old boots. They did require another zip to be put into the foxwing itself for each panel (which was a task in itself) but when zipped together the enclosed space is massive.

Do you think these fit any of the foxwings or just the new ones?
Stu

Do you think these fit any of the foxwings or just the new ones?
Stu
I don't think anything has changed in the design of the awning that would affect panel fitment, the bays and therefore zips are the same length. Give them a call for a definitive answer though.

Back