Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New to the forum

jonkem

Just a quick hello now that I've found you :thumbup:

I'm Jon (jonkem), the lucky owner of a 1994 KZJ70, official UK car, totally standard trim apart from the several thousand modifications (and several thousand pounds). Some of you will know me from other forums that I won't mention but alll of them are related to cars or bikes offroad.

Based in Bedford, UK but could turn up in any country at any time if I've got enough money in my pocket to fill the tank.

I've been actively offroading since I was 16 yrs and that was a very, very long time ago. What hair I've got left is definitely grey.

Not just 4x4s but dualsport motorcycles as well. I've competed in 4x4s internationally but in a very minor way and with just very minor success :lol:

I do all my own spannering, welding, painting, wiring, designing and use forums to get any missing knowledge I need and also give any spare knowledge back to other members.

Other lesser vehicles in my garage are a VXR Astra, Astra H Estate (work car), BMW 650 Dakar/YZ mutant, DRZ400E, Nissan Nirvana (just starting modding)

I'll be popping up in a thread near you so see you then :thumbup:

Welcome along - looking forward to seeing some pics of your exploits on whatever mode of transport!!! :cool:

welcome Jonkem. great to have another 70 owner on here. :thumbup:

any pics of your KZJ70? :cool:

Thank you for the welcome and here a a few pics of my baby.
awningtrailer2.jpg

J6B.jpg

J7B.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome, that is a very nice setup indeed :thumbup:

I recognise that setup off DiffLock - nice job :cool:

I'm reliably informed that it's a bit friendlier over here Gav and it looks like it is so far :clap:
My Dakar
muddy3.jpg

Baltic Cup 2008
trooplithwater.jpg

Lithuania winter 2007
troop1.jpg

jonkem said:
I'm reliably informed that it's a bit friendlier over here Gav
Who on earth told you that??? We're a nasty bunch really... :twisted:

Looks like you & the tuck have been around a bit :cool: Keep it coming dude :mrgreen:

:cool:

nice 70. :clap:

i recognise it. these are the pics ive seen of it. :thumbup:

compside2.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

Sorry Gav I don't believe you and if you want a row about I'm ready :D :D :D Unfortunately the cruiser hasn't been very many places yet. After the build was completed for the truck and then the trailer I was offered the Dakar which was in need of some major surgery and then sort of got into modding that and the DRZ. Most of my travels have been in my very heavily modified Trooper and several modded Fronteras but I've driven lots of other 4x4s during my journeys, cruisers, mercs, nissans, jeeps, Hilux etc. Hilux in the hill country of Sri Lanka was probably the best ever, not the most challenging offroading but combined with the location it was outstanding.
Sri Lanka 2004
Sri20Tr5.jpg

Baltic Cup and Lithuanian National Championship was the hardest work but even harder for my winchman :clap:
ss5bcruiserwalk.jpg

Ben, yep that's the one when it was a bit cleaner and fresh but still unfinished. Fairly lengthy build threads for the car and trailer on the "other side", not all the details were ever posted as I tend to just get on with it and remember after the event that I forgot to take pics :oops: I've been thinking of selling both of them as they aren't really being used but my family are very anti the sale so it would take a silly offer to part with them at the mo! It's much easier to get offroad on the bikes and many more places are open to use.

:lol: :lol: There's better things to get on with in life than rowing all the time eh Jonkem...

Yeah, I had several run throughs on your trailer build on Differs as I have a Sankey that I'd like to modify - its just modifying it to do what exakkery :doh:

I've got the cruiser wheels on it & thats about all I've done for now.

Keep the pics coming - no pressure!!!

Cheers J
Gav

Back