Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New to the Landcruiser Club

40 Channel

Country Flag
australia
Hi all, thanks for letting me come on board, My Name is Jayson and I come from the land down under.

Our family cruiser is a 2012 150 Prado Kakadu, which is used to tour all over Australia with our family of 6 (Just Haven't made it to Western Australia)

But I also have a 1977 FJ40:) which I am re-building, and learning a heap along the way. I'm sharing my build and story on my You Tube Channel: Which I'll love for you guys to follow and help me along the way.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn8OXTQHWNZ5PMAMWETGspw?view_as=subscriber

Thanks again and I look forward to learning from all the knowledge that is on this Forum.

Hi Jayson, welcome aboard the forum.

From your interesting intro, you’ll likely be able to benefit from and contribute to this friendly forum.

Any write-ups of your trips will be welcomed, complete with photos of course (we all love photos) :lol: :thumbup:

Hi Jayson and welcome.

As Clive says, it will be good to see some photos and hear of your trips. There’s also plenty of info help and advice on the 40 series on here in the 40 section. The forum is full of friendly helpful people that love their cruisers.

Hi and welcome you have to love the 40s have fun with it from Tony.

Hi Jayson and welcome.

I just watched your videos and they brought back some memories for me and you certainly a more skilled metal man than I ever could be... Some really nice work. Interesting how we all tackle the problems in slightly different ways, I guess, according to our personal skill set. All very interesting but , personally, I found the music a bit loud but then I prefer the sound of equipment working!

If I may just make one small point about the front wings... Where the support bar comes up under the wing flat and down to the return edge spot welds, water and muck collect in there and most wings start to rot from inside there so spraying anti rust product in there may help. I guess you will be doing that as and when you to the paint stage. I changed mine so that the support bar unbolts and can get cleaned regularly.

I look forward to seeing more.

Regards,

Rodger

Hi Jayson and welcome.

I just watched your videos and they brought back some memories for me and you certainly a more skilled metal man than I ever could be... Some really nice work. Interesting how we all tackle the problems in slightly different ways, I guess, according to our personal skill set. All very interesting but , personally, I found the music a bit loud but then I prefer the sound of equipment working!

If I may just make one small point about the front wings... Where the support bar comes up under the wing flat and down to the return edge spot welds, water and muck collect in there and most wings start to rot from inside there so spraying anti rust product in there may help. I guess you will be doing that as and when you to the paint stage. I changed mine so that the support bar unbolts and can get cleaned regularly.

I look forward to seeing more.

Regards,

Rodger

Thanks Rodger, that a great idea with the wings, do you have photos of your unboltable wings?
Thanks for the head ups with the music. I'll make sure that it's not as loud on any new videos.

Regards

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Jayson,

I will see if I have some photos and, if not, I take some shots and then post them on here.
In the meantime the support bar has a outward facing lip that matches to the wing return which is where the spot welds are. I merely drilled out the spot welds (4 per side) inserted nuts and bolts - having prepped the area.

What does 'subscribing' to a Utube involve? Does it tell me when your next video is available? As you may gather I am a Luddite and very old - my kids reckon I am two days older than grass..... and they are probably right!

Regards,

Rodger

Hi and welcome. I've been around the 4x4 scene too long to remember but I can honestly say this is one of the best and most consistent forums. Good to "meet" you.

Hi Jayson,

I will see if I have some photos and, if not, I take some shots and then post them on here.
In the meantime the support bar has a outward facing lip that matches to the wing return which is where the spot welds are. I merely drilled out the spot welds (4 per side) inserted nuts and bolts - having prepped the area.

What does 'subscribing' to a Utube involve? Does it tell me when your next video is available? As you may gather I am a Luddite and very old - my kids reckon I am two days older than grass..... and they are probably right!

Regards,

Rodger

:tearsofjoy:, you may be old but I sure you have the wisdom to show it!

This link will help up understand how to sign up to YouTube,
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/161805?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en and Yes when you have an account on YouTube you can subscribe to any channel you like and if you hit the little bell it will let you know when a new video have been posted.
Hope this helps.

Hi Jayson,

Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

Regards,

Rodger

Hi Jayson,

I managed to take a couple of shots of the wing support modification and they are attached.
991.jpg

993.jpg

Sorry it's a bit dirty under there but we have one more trip this year before they are stripped out and cleaned for this year. I used POR15 under the wings that is then coated in POR chassis black which was applied 5 years ago (I think) but has had the odd touch up. My inner wings also unbolt that is because of the modified front suspension and those parts were modified accordingly.

Regards,

Rodger

Back