New to the Landcruiser Club

40 Channel Sep 10, 2019 at 7:09 AM

1. 40 Channel

40 Channel New Member I am in australia

Map
    Hi all, thanks for letting me come on board, My Name is Jayson and I come from the land down under.

Our family cruiser is a 2012 150 Prado Kakadu, which is used to tour all over Australia with our family of 6 (Just Haven't made it to Western Australia)

But I also have a 1977 FJ40:) which I am re-building, and learning a heap along the way. I'm sharing my build and story on my You Tube Channel: Which I'll love for you guys to follow and help me along the way.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn8OXTQHWNZ5PMAMWETGspw?view_as=subscriber

Thanks again and I look forward to learning from all the knowledge that is on this Forum.

2. clivehorridge

clivehorridge Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in romania

Garage:
    Map
    Hi Jayson, welcome aboard the forum.

From your interesting intro, you’ll likely be able to benefit from and contribute to this friendly forum.

Any write-ups of your trips will be welcomed, complete with photos of course (we all love photos) :lol: :thumbup:

StarCruiser likes this.
  3. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in uk

Garage:
    Map
    Hi Jayson and welcome.

As Clive says, it will be good to see some photos and hear of your trips. There’s also plenty of info help and advice on the 40 series on here in the 40 section. The forum is full of friendly helpful people that love their cruisers.

4. tonytoyota

tonytoyota Well-Known Member I am in great_britain

Map
    Hi and welcome you have to love the 40s have fun with it from Tony.

5. Rodger

Rodger Well-Known Member

Map
    Hi Jayson and welcome.

I just watched your videos and they brought back some memories for me and you certainly a more skilled metal man than I ever could be... Some really nice work. Interesting how we all tackle the problems in slightly different ways, I guess, according to our personal skill set. All very interesting but , personally, I found the music a bit loud but then I prefer the sound of equipment working!

If I may just make one small point about the front wings... Where the support bar comes up under the wing flat and down to the return edge spot welds, water and muck collect in there and most wings start to rot from inside there so spraying anti rust product in there may help. I guess you will be doing that as and when you to the paint stage. I changed mine so that the support bar unbolts and can get cleaned regularly.

I look forward to seeing more.

Regards,

Rodger

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter