Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie on board =)

Archie

Country Flag
latvia
Dear fellow Cruzer lovers,

I have just bought my first ever Land cruiser 120 2005 model 3.0 TD.
I am very green when it comes to car repairs ect but i do catch up to things very quickly.

Could any one advise me on any thing that you know would need to be changed or added or removed in my car?
One thing i am planning to do some time soon is oil change and oil filter, fuel filter. I have already changed the filter behind the glove box.
I have the version with the touchscreen. The only down side i noticed there is no aux port any where, so i cannot listen to the music from my phone or mp3. What would you advise me? Any other useful info will be much appreciated. God bless =)

Last edited:
Welcome to 120s.

2005 was smack in the injector recall business. Step1. Make sure your truck is either fixed or not impacted. Since toyota called it an customer comfort recall the online recall checker does not always give you the correct answer. You will need some sort of evidence to cofirm its been done if needed.

Lots of people also seem to hit caliper issues around 100k miles. Which is good to get done, since I atleast like stopping cleanly:)

Other than that, just the regular diesel oils and maint as needed. You are already heading down the right path, by joining the forum. Huge wealth of knowledge here.

Also, dont forget to head on over to the lounge and introduce yourself.

Regards,

Last edited:
Hi Archie and welcome to the forum. We're a friendly bunch round here so a piece of friendly advice…Landies are green oval machines (Land Rovers) … to say 'Cruisers' is probably (much) better. [emoji4]

Regards

Richard

Last edited:
Dear Richard, thank you for the warm welcome =)

Last edited:
Dear GeekOKent,

Thank you for all the valuable info and the warm welcome. Will definitely get all those things checked out. Thans once again tc =)

My goodness,Archie,landies,how sacreligous.but welcome from the colonies

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Archie

Big welcome!!!
This is defiantly the right place to start! without these guys i think i would have given up on my crusier but now she is running as sweet as a nut! and i have gained plenty of knowledge along the way!

Simon

Back