Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

No movement in 2wd only grinding noise but movement in 4wd 2019 76 series

Danola

Country Flag
australia
Hi all, took off today in the cruiser and thought I blew the clutch to pieces, load grinding noise and no movement at all,
Put in 4wd and it started moving with little to no noise, so not the clutch.
Any ideas would be most appreciated as I’m in a bit of a spot!!
Thank you all

Does it have free wheeling hubs? If it has it could possibly be one of those that has failed.

Hi all, took off today in the cruiser and thought I blew the clutch to pieces, load grinding noise and no movement at all,
Put in 4wd and it started moving with little to no noise, so not the clutch.
Any ideas would be most appreciated as I’m in a bit of a spot!!
Thank you all
rear diff, and/or they can and do break rear axle flanges if the rear wheel bearing comes loose

Yes, thinking about it, if the problems only in 2wd it must be the drive to the rear and not the front that's the issue.

Yes, thinking about it, if the problems only in 2wd it must be the drive to the rear and not the front that's the i... so that eliminates

They are known to break rear axles, i've fixed them before. The last one- three years ago, was a low kilometre, late model VDJ v-8 dual cab.

don't be too tempted to drive it, even to a repair centre, because if it is an axle, the flailing axle that is still being driven, will destroy the end of the diff housing to the point of being unusable...

which is what happened to above v-8, out in the middle of the desert of the north-western Australian outback, 1500 k's from anywhere.

Let us know what you find.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back