Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Noob saying hello

Looks in reasonable shape but a highish price for the mileage. Drivers seat could do with some leather work.
But its all about rust. If its local have a look. See if they have a ramp that they can lift it up on for you

It's not local 300 miles but to be fair, I'm going to have to travel to get one, I'm waiting on seller returning email, it a dealer, then I can give a good grilling, only seen pics on my phone will get look on computer tomorrow, on Initial look I was taking condensation in being outside due to weather of late. But it's certainly a point to be looking at.

Looks in reasonable shape but a highish price for the mileage. Drivers seat could do with some leather work.
But its all about rust. If its local have a look. See if they have a ramp that they can lift it up on for you

I'd be negotiating on those digits anyway it's a dealer, waiting to find out more, belts etc

Welcome to the forum. Having just looked at the pictures for the grey 80 on ebay, has it had a light front end bump? The front panel (panel with the front indicators) is out of line with both wings; bonnet to wings gaps look okay. Is the condensation due to the carpets being wet vac'd by the dealer, or does it have water ingress? Water can get in round a badly fitted windscreen, check the front footwell carpets for damp; also there have been reports of the rear quarters corroding from the inside out from condensation between the inner trim and the rear quarter, or from water getting past the sliding rear window seals, plus the drain points are often blocked. Worth having a look and feel in there on any potential purchase, as rust can take hold out of sight in the wheel arch and behind the rear bumper.

Also check that the difflocks work, the axles lockers flash on the dash once selected and then the light goes solid once engaged, if they don't work haggle money off, as they're not a cheap fix. Lots of info and advice on here, so have a search and you'll be all clued up to find a gem.

Eh up!

i know we've only just met, but i prefer leather..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome to the forum. Having just looked at the pictures for the grey 80 on ebay, has it had a light front end bump? The front panel (panel with the front indicators) is out of line with both wings; bonnet to wings gaps look okay. Is the condensation due to the carpets being wet vac'd by the dealer, or does it have water ingress? Water can get in round a badly fitted windscreen, check the front footwell carpets for damp; also there have been reports of the rear quarters corroding from the inside out from condensation between the inner trim and the rear quarter, or from water getting past the sliding rear window seals, plus the drain points are often blocked. Worth having a look and feel in there on any potential purchase, as rust can take hold out of sight in the wheel arch and behind the rear bumper.

Also check that the difflocks work, the axles lockers flash on the dash once selected and then the light goes solid once engaged, if they don't work haggle money off, as they're not a cheap fix. Lots of info and advice on here, so have a search and you'll be all clued up to find a gem.

I'll get good mooch on computer tonight and have look at alignment. Thanks for the pointers.

Have a look under seller's legal information, there should be a phone number.

Back