Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OBD2 Bluetooth

Andrew T

Country Flag
scotland
Anyone had any luck making an OBD2 Bluetooth adapter work with a 120?

I tried one of these but the 120 did not sync

i thought it would be fun to track the real time data on the ipad and have an "on trip" diagnostic tool.

any thoughts?

Cheers
A

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 411
Do you need nerd help. I don't think my scan gauge will work either. Got a tractix cable on order to allow me to access my Subaru ecu fully for flashing. That is USB though so won't work with ipad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the same one and does not work in TonyP's 120 nor on my old one. Works fine on the 150 and all other "real" OBD2 cars I try it on.
The 120 was in production when the OBD2 standard became mandatory on diesel's in the EU so guessing Mr-T did not bother changing from their proprietary comms to this until the next model. With the (over priced) reader from Mr-T you can see and do everything like normal OBD2 diagnostics but it refuses to talk to any. I tried many cheap ones (thanks EU for the DS regulations :D ) as well as expensive ones that a tuner-friend has. None of them could speak Japanese :(

I've got that same one for my Subaru and it works well, but remember that not all of those scanners are compatible with iPad. They recommend getting a Wifi-enabled OBD-2 scanner if you want to use it with your Apple device. This is because Apple - as per usual - want to go their own ways even with their bluetooth support.

Get an Android phone and see if you get any data from it (download the free "Torque Lite" app from Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torquefree&hl=en).

Andreas, have you had any luck with Torque and fault codes? While I can see a shed-load of information about car and other cars I have connected it to, it can never read fault codes.
I had it on the 150 when the EML was one, said there was nothing when Mr-T said there were 12 faults logged.
I connected it to a Citroen with airbag light on, nothing logged. A Mini and a Pug with the EML on and none of them had faults on but later confirmed by dealers. Not sure if it is the reader which is not able to read faults or torque app. I've tried another app which could also not find anything so it suggests the reader.

Curious.

It was able to give me the fault code causing a CEL in my Subaru once, so it should give you that (including the free version, I've never bought the full version of Torque).

I even cleared the fault code using Torque, but that only works if whatever it is that caused still doesn't have an issue (you can't ignore or hide active fault codes).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back