Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Odyssey PC1700 - Very impressed

fridayman

Garage
Got into the truck this morning, turned the key and managed to get about one and a half turns out of the starter before the batteries quit. Bugger! The neighbour came over to tell me that he saw my interior lights on when he came home last night - one of the doors wasn't closed properly. I am a bit surprised that the 3 interior lights could drain both batteries in about 12 hours. I guess they could be on their way out, but they do manage to start the truck within 2 turns of the starter no matter what the weather. Fortunately I have a Odyssey PC1700 in the garage waiting to be installed. What a battery! Hooked up the jump leads and it managed to start the truck faster than I can remember it ever starting (while the two flat batteries are sucking the life out of it too).

So the Odyssey is going to replace both starter batteries freeing up space to mount the leisure battery in the engine bay.

I haven't actually fitted it in the truck yet, but I have been using it to jump the bike (over and over) while trying to sort the carb out, and it just kept going. So still loving it.

I keep a PC1500 in the truck for jump starting and it pretty much starts anything.
Every 6 months or so i even charge it......... :shhh:
Have to have deep pockets to fit a pair though, especially with the price of the Numax being what it is.

I do think Numax will be the way to go seen as I want two for the new cruiser.

Now just need to work out what size to go for.

I'm in the market for two new batteries. Current ones (har har) are Mr-T 75Ah but I was mega mean to them and they now both poked 3.5 years later.
Might be worth looking for a group discount from a friendly supplier if we do 4 or 6 or more?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Crispin

Ill have a chat with them tomorrow and see what we can do. Ill report back.

warrenpfo said:
Crispin

Ill have a chat with them tomorrow and see what we can do. Ill report back.
Does this relate to the Numax or the Oddesy? I was just about to buy a Numax CXV35MF (120AH jobbie). Should I wait?

Ill ask tomorrow, if the deal is good enough will go with the Odysseys but doubt it as they are not cheap so will ask about the numax's too. I would wait 24H. Ill post a potential GB in the appropriate forum now so those interested can express and interest

Back