Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

OEM immobiliser

frank rabbets said:
I assume the proper Toyota key you have works? Therefore it has a transponder in it but no battery. I thought a transponder did not needa battery :?
It does. I guess the battery is something to do with it being a clone rather than an original.

Rob said:
The siren on mine is in the passenger wing, remove the indicator and you should be able to see it.
Thanks Rob, I'll have a look.

Towpack said:
I have a warning light on the lower dash but this is for the alarm:-

The sounder is in the nearside front wing. Mine had been unplugged after the previous owner's dog ate his last alarm fob. I priced new fob's up at £60 each but at the time the dealer had an offer on of a new alarm ECU + 2 fobs for £160 fitted so that's the way I went/
My flashing light is the same as yours. I didn't think fobs were still available but I'll check with my local dealer and see what they say.

Thanks for all the help folks :thumbup:

My master key with the new alarm fob for the TVSS3B which was fitted to UK spec 80's from '97....

Key.jpg

Towpack said:
I priced new fob's up at £60 each but at the time the dealer had an offer on of a new alarm ECU + 2 fobs for £160 fitted so that's the way I went/
I don't suppose you have any parts numbers for these? I know saying TVSS3B should be all they need but a part number would be even better if there is one?

Thanks Gary. All the box's are where they should be and connected so with a bit more googling done I've ordered a couple of remotes off ebay. With a bit of luck and those instructions it'll be all sorted soon :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just to finish the alarm part of this thread off, I got two cheap second hand remotes off eBay and one brand new remote from Westlands Toyota in Stourbridge. The part number for the remote is 08191-00880, that's a remote for a TVSS III alarm system. I followed the very simple instructions to clear any old remotes and program the 3 new ones and now I appear to have a working alarm system with remotes all working :cool:

Once I have my V5 back again (spelt my name wrong :roll: ) the dealer can order me a transponder key and I'll get that programmed so that I have 2 OEM keys as well as the clone one.

Thanks for all the help :thumbup:

Jon Wildsmith said:
Just to finish the alarm part of this thread off, I got two cheap second hand remotes off eBay and one brand new remote from Westlands Toyota in Stourbridge. The part number for the remote is 08191-00880, that's a remote for a TVSS III alarm system. I followed the very simple instructions to clear any old remotes and program the 3 new ones and now I appear to have a working alarm system with remotes all working :cool:

Once I have my V5 back again (spelt my name wrong :roll: ) the dealer can order me a transponder key and I'll get that programmed so that I have 2 OEM keys as well as the clone one.

Thanks for all the help :thumbup:

Before you spend 270quid on a key (o am i wrong there)

Can a key be wipped and recoded? If so, Why not try a breaker or someone with 80s :whistle:

karl webster said:
Before you spend 270quid on a key (o am i wrong there)

Can a key be wipped and recoded? If so, Why not try a breaker or someone with 80s :whistle:

I paid £50 for an OEM key from Toyota, the dealer programmed it for free.

A key cannot be wiped. A 2nd hand key could be programmed into your ECU but obviuosly it wouldn't fit the locks so what's the point?

karl webster said:
If so, Why not try a breaker or someone with 80s :whistle:
Nice thought Karl :thumbup: The keys are not that expensive though, I think your price might be for an ignition barrel and keys or something like that and AFAIK the keys are hard coded. Keys can be cloned onto an after market key, I've already got one of those so I have two keys already but I want 3 cos I'm greedy :mrgreen: and I'd like the extra one to be a proper one :)

Fifty squid is very cheap.

Someone had told me in the past that they are a fortune. I would buy a new spare myself at that kind of money :thumbup:

When I had my new key programmed requiring the wiping of the allready full ECU memory and was faced with the potential problem of the ECU not 'coming back up' the dealer quoted me £1100 + VAT for a new ECU/Key & lockset. Every ECU has a different master key and these cannot be changed, only the spare cloned keys.

All my keys are OEM and original to the car. I have 3 x keys. All 3 fit the ignition barrel but only 2 fit the glovebox as well. The odd one is termed the service key which is given to the garage when you leave the car with them. This way all your diamonds, new big end bearing shells and emergency jar of chilli pickles can be left in the glovebox safely.

Frank

The procedures for adding a new master key, sub key or erasing all keys from the OEM engine immobiliser are in RM534E which I'll be scanning soon ;)

Alarm help

Resurrecting this old thread:

I have this fob with my keys.

$_12.JPG

Truck is '97 UK and the siren is bolted to the passenger side bulkhead, not in the wing as per the factory docs and diags posted by Gary's link. (Thanks Doily very useful)

The siren has a barrel key switch which when turned does nothing.

The LED for the alarm is not in the position illustrated in Toyota docs but on the centre cubby bin near the bottom.

I cannot find any alarm module or get the LED to light. The PO can't remember how to switch alarm on!!

Is there a fuse for this system that I'm missing somewhere?

Any ideas?

Thanks chaps

Ahh haa, I have exactly the same system Lazz and the same problem too! Same alarm sounder, same place, same barrel key. My fob does nothing at all when I click it. No central locking, nothing. Someone has unplugged something somewhere.

That's the same as mine. It's a Scorpion 5000 fitted to many cars including Toyota and VW. They print their names on.

There is a back up battery inside the siren. This sounds the alarm when the main batteries are disconnected. The barrel key is to turn the siren off.

There is an immobiliser box and alarm box behind/above the glove box. They are both worked by the fob at the same time. There is a bank of fuses nearby in the wiring harness but visible.

Your LED is in the right position but only lights when the alarm is armed.

The red light on your fob should flash when you press the black or red button. Try a new battery in the fob anyway and clean and grease the contacts. If the light still does not flash the fob is faulty and you can't test the alarm or immobiliser. They cannot be reprogrammed as Toyota never had a kit and the one at Scorpion is broken. Try fiddling with the slide switch on the side either fully forward [pirs active] or aft [pirs inactive for pets]. WD40 may help clean the switch.

If the fob light flashes but the alarm will not set press the black button while standing near the car for 20 seconds then release it and press it again to see if the alarm sets.

If the alarm still does not set disconnect both batteries and turn the ignition fully on, reconnect both batteries turn the ignition off and try to set the alarm.

If this fails locate the alarm box. The aerial is wrapped round it and should be stretched out. Why they were supplied like this I don't know. After I unwound my aerial I can now set the alarm 100ft away whereas before only 20ft away. Make sure the aerial is plugged in as this wire is not secured by ties like the others on that box.

If all this fails try open the siren and replace the 5 cell battery which you can make up.

I have a workshop manual for this alarm which I can get to you if all fails.

Frank

Frank, you biz genius! That's roughly 325% more than I knew a moment ago. My fob flashes and all that, I have cleaned it out and put in a battery etc, but now I can check out the brain box.

Great stuff. I don't hold out huge hope after all these years, but y'know.

Frank, Frank, Frank.... genius.

My fob flashes, however in looking behind the glove box, Ive found a bank of 4 7.5amp fuses and a whole host of multi pin plugs that plug into nothing. It looks like the alarm module is gone!

I smell a rat with the PO saying I forgot how to switch on the alarm !

The workshop manual would deb very useful if you could post a PDF.

Much obliged Squire !

Lazz, if it helps (nope) I have been outside for a rummage and this is what mine looks like in there. Hmm bunches of hanging plugs... You can't see them all here but there are about 6 two long single row ones, a couple of two row multi way etc

P1010285.JPG

Back