Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oil filter thread size?

stumog

Country Flag
england
I dont have a oil warning light on my 80 and as the oil pressure gauge is so helpful i think i need to put one in. I need to find out the thread of the oil filter so i can get the correct plate to fit between the block and oil filter. or do i just buy one and hope for the best?

cheers stu

Why not just measure it Stu? But a new filter and measure that. I don't have a spare one here or I'd do it for you. Can't say I have seen a block to go in there but I getcha.

you could use a remote T on the existing pressure sensor, that's how I've added an extra pressure sensor for my arduino gadget, should be cheaper and easier than a filter spacer.

That's certainly the way I would have gone Jon. I have an oil pressure testing kit and it comes with all the adapters for that. All pretty much BSPT IIRC.

I didnt think about the T thing to be fair thanks i have looked and the sandwich and the T are about the same price which i find hard to belive. I take it the OE pressure switch is 1/8" npt?
I Am really not good at measureing bloody inperial at all.
stu

I went for the T in the oil pressure gauge junction, wired to a light and buzzer, 1/8 NPT....does that sound right, it was a long time ago?

regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks chaps not got very far to be fair as been busy working on my house. Finished all of it tonight so hopefully get back to the cruiser soon.
Stu

Funny things ,pipe fittings and threads. Just got back from Spain and their plumbing fittings are all sold in imperial sizes. e.g. 1 3/8 inch.

Back